Best place to buy Glow plugs from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It doesnt really matter where you get them from, just use a decent brand like NGK, Beru, Bosch.

We get ours in bulk from Euro Car Parts...

The price difference between OEM and patent parts is so small I buy OEM (Mercedes)

Its about £66.00 from Mercedes compared to those ones you have seen on e-bay for £55.00

As a matter of course all our rebuilt engines have OEM Glow plugs fitted.

Last edited:
Do MB make glow plugs?

Do MB make glow plugs?

What do they make ?

Most manufacturers are simply assembly points for parts made outside of the companies walls.

They simply slap their badge on the car at the end of the production line.

Last edited:
E270 Owner said:
What do they make ? Most manufacturers are simply assembly points for parts made outside of the companies walls. They simply slap their badge on the car at the end of the production line. .

So true mate

They dont make the glow plugs, but they offer a 2 year warranty on parts they sell. So for the tiny price difference i would buy from MB. If they go wrong within 2 years take your invoice and defunk part back for a swap (or however you wish depending on part etc )

They dont make the glow plugs, but they offer a 2 year warranty on parts they sell. So for the tiny price difference i would buy from MB. If they go wrong within 2 years take your invoice and defunk part back for a swap (or however you wish depending on part etc )

if only...

You have to pay for a diagnostic session and labour, for them to tell you what you already know.

Use either Beru or Bosch glowplugs for best longevity.

I occasionally get an orange glow plug light up randomly on the dash when driving along. Anything to bother about?

Haha, fantastic... Im still waiting for credits from years back on faulty water pumps, alternators etc... As DM points out you have to spend more on proving their part is faulty for them than its worth. Their parts return procedure is, IMO, as close to illegal as you can get.

I occasionally get an orange glow plug light up randomly on the dash when driving along. Anything to bother about?

Thats strange as normally a fault is indicated by the light returning for 30 secs or so after start up. Best to get it 'plugged in'

Thats strange as normally a fault is indicated by the light returning for 30 secs or so after start up. Best to get it 'plugged in'

Ok thanks.

Good to know about waste of time 2 year MB warranty on parts too. Warranty probably only worth something on big ticket items where the cost of the diagnostics session becomes less of an issue?

try euro car parts and put in MBCLUB25 as the promo code. Might still work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom