Best Place to Buy OEM Rims + Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zally

Car
CL500(W216), S320CDI(W221), SLK230(R170)
Hey, Guys!

Apologies if the question has been asked,
I want to upgrade the stock 17's on my CL500 to 19's... but I'm not sure where the best place to actually buy OEM rims (if I wanted new ones).
I assumed not an MB dealer (price)? or maybe that is a good place?

I looked at AlloyWheelsDirect - and they have a good selections and packages... but I'm not sure where they are on prices because I've no other place to compare them to that I can find like for like online.
Also they offer mobile fitting, and it's £100 and I appreciate they have to come to me... but £2.2k spend and they want another £100 to put em on?
- I'd love to just drive in somewhere and drive out on the new rims if that's possible. Anywhere in London, Essex, Kent, Herts I could do that that you'd recommend?

Lots of questions :)

Cheers, All

Aaron

It's a C216 btw, so W221 size/offset - not that it matters re: where to buy - but just saying :)

Hi & welcome.

I used AlloyWheelsDirect for the 18" AMGs on my SL, which were hard to find at the time (they sourced some from Germany). I bought them with tyres fitted (they were happy to chat about different options there), so they arrived ready to go on the car ... which I did myself. As an aside, after checking the date codes they rejected the first set of rear tyres they received and got me newer ones. Overall I was very happy with the service I got from them.

If you're after current rims you've nothing to lose by getting a quote from a dealer as a baseline. I suspect you won't have many other options for genuine new MB wheels, but I could be wrong!

Thanks a lot, BTB - I'll give AWDirect a shot then when I've decided what to get, and I convince the wife that it's actually a great investment.. 😁

Lovely SL by the way... that's the generation I covet most!
R107 too rich for my blood.

For new ones I’ve used Alloy Wheels Direct when they were below main dealer price. Looking recently I found MB dealer was a bit cheaper.
Some German companies list them on eBay. Also some of the German suppliers have websites.
Get the part number and have a Google.

Some German companies list them on eBay. Also some of the German suppliers have websites.

If buying from Germany you'll need to factor in VAT/import duty/handling charges, thanks to Brexit. For anything costing over £135 you'll get billed for these on arrival in the UK now.

R107 too rich for my blood.

Particularly if you want one that isn't riddled with rust!

Do check a dealer price for the wheels you want before talking to AWD.

Thank you both! Good suggestions there!

I’ve got a set of CL 500 Alioth split rims.
18”
They were an original upgrade option for the CL500. W215
They could do with powder coating to make them perfect, which will set you back about £300 (but you get to choose the perfect colour for you).
I just want the garage space back £350.

alloy wheels direct quote around £1600 for them......
Pics in the advert.
https://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/18”-split-rim-alloys.185287/

I’ve got a set of CL 500 Alioth split rims.
18”
They were an original upgrade option for the CL500. W215
They could do with powder coating to make them perfect, which will set you back about £300 (but you get to choose the perfect colour for you).
I just want the garage space back £350.

alloy wheels direct quote around £1600 for them......
Pics in the advert.
https://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/18”-split-rim-alloys.185287/
Mate that's bizarre, I had Alioths on my much loved W220 (pictured) I got rid of not too long ago... rare wheel. They had a bit of rash from the previous owner, and I always meant to get them restored but the W220 had one too many niggles and I decided to move her on. When I got my CL, I thought... aah... They'd have worked...

I'm after something simpler now though, Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_7647.jpg
    IMG_7647.jpg
    595.4 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom