Best place to get updated Map Pilot SD Card

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

elan362

Car
C250d AMG line Premium Plus Estate S205 2016
I’m at the MiL for Christmas - doing chores around hte house :(
Her car nav traffic subscription has expired so i need to get this sorted.
Where is the best place to get updated Nav maps and traffic SD card for NGT5*1 for my MIL‘s 2018 B200?
What is the latest map version and and what is the cost?
Am i correct in thinking the main MB dealer is the place to go and the updated maps come with a 3yr traffic subscription -
Her VIN is WDD2462432J518470 and she has Map 2018/2019 (v.11) Europe

Thanks in advance

The car has the Audio20 infotainment unit with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card.

The update is done by buying a new SD-Card which will contain both the navigation software, the latest maps, and the 3-years TomTom Live Traffic subscription.

You can buy the latest SD-Card from an MB dealer, the cost is £499 for first-time SD-Card (which you already have) or £99 for an 'update' SD-Card (which is what you need).

(The content of both SD-Cards is the same, the difference is only in the end user license agreement, so using the cheaper 'update' SD-Card in a car that never had the initial more-expensive SD-Card purchased, amounts to copyright infringement).

These SD-Cards can also be bought on eBay or Amazon, though there's a risk that the card is fake or won't have the TomTom Live Traffic subscription. Some are legit, though, so best buy on recommendation if going down the eBay/Amazon route.

Last edited:
The car has the Audio20 infotainment unit with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card.

The update is done by buying a new SD-Card which will contain both the navigation software, the latest maps, and the 3-years TomTom Live Traffic subscription.

You can buy the latest SD-Card from an MB dealer, the cost is £499 for first-time SD-Card (which you already have) or £99 for an 'update' SD-Card (which is what you need).

(The content of both SD-Cards is the same, the difference is only in the end user license agreement, so using the cheaper 'update' SD-Card in a car that never had the initial more-expensive SD-Card purchased, amounts to copyright infringement).

These SD-Cards can also be bought on eBay or Amazon, though there's a risk that the card is fake or won't have the TomTom Live Traffic subscription. Some are legit, though, so best buy on recommendation if going down the eBay/Amazon route.
Thank you :)
and Merry Christmas :)

If you go down the Ebay / Amazon route make sure you get the correct card.

Mercedes changed to software in Aug 2017 and the two versions are not interchangeable.

This is based on build date not registration date.

My 2016 c class has the earlier version sd card, but here is the annoying bit. These have been on back order for months from MB. Even more annoying is that they are available on ebay (with traffic) map version 17, which is later than mine but I don't think it is the very latest. And as MB download manager no longer seems to work for updating, It's a bit frustrating.

You only get the first 6 weeks after installing card for updating via update manger.

After that it only updates the front end not the maps.

Have you tried Mercedes of Newcastle upon tyne? They have an Ebay shop and will post if they have one.

My 2016 c class has the earlier version sd card, but here is the annoying bit. These have been on back order for months from MB. Even more annoying is that they are available on ebay (with traffic) map version 17, which is later than mine but I don't think it is the very latest. And as MB download manager no longer seems to work for updating, It's a bit frustrating.
You only get the first 6 weeks after installing card for updating via update manger.

After that it only updates the front end not the maps.

Have you tried Mercedes of Newcastle upon tyne? They have an Ebay shop and will post if they have one.
Yes Agree update manager will only update software, but image below will show the message I'm now getting, so a bit reluctant to buy a card that may not be the latest. Yes have tried Newcastle, they have a card but not for Europe!

Attachments

• Mercedes (2).png
    Mercedes (2).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom