Best places to buy discs and pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL350_SWINDON

Car
SL350 2003
Anyone have any good sources apart from the obvious places

I bought some ATE discs and texture pads from eurocar parts. They are identical to the Mercedes ones but at a fraction of the cost. The ones i was sold even had the Mercedes branding on them!

Purchased Brembo pads and discs.
The Brembo discs have a uv coating so won't rust, something I hate to see and previously always had to Hammerite the bell and edges.
Also my theory is the calipers are produced by Brembo so all development would have been done on Brembo discs and pads.
Should be a good setup. I don't track or drive hard, just don't want squeaks, judder or excessive dust.

The brembos I had on before rusted really badly. Probably a different line of brembos but I wouldn't go back to them now I've got ATEs.

I just had front and rear done - bought my discs directly from MTEC - Drilled and Grooved - and OE pads at a very good price from MB Newcastle online shop. The MTECs look much better than the original (and by now rusty on a 30k 06-reg car) discs, and braking is smooth, quiet and precise - very pleased.

Just as a note to everyone, i ran EBC discs and yellow pads on a vehicle and in 3 years i got though 3 sets of discs due to cracking, one set cracked all the way though! These were grooved and dimpled discs so be warned

Mc1 said:
Just as a note to everyone, i ran EBC discs and yellow pads on a vehicle and in 3 years i got though 3 sets of discs due to cracking, one set cracked all the way though! These were grooved and dimpled discs so be warned
I have also heard lots of bad reviews from EBC.

MB-BTurbo said:
The brembos I had on before rusted really badly. Probably a different line of brembos but I wouldn't go back to them now I've got ATEs.
Hopefully this new coating should solve the rust problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom