Best pod coffee machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's the model I got for my 50th. Very good value, I probably have one cappuccino type a day.

Apart from finishing off the remaining beans I've switched to the Nespresso so easily. Having had a top of the range Jura (currently deceased needing repairs about twice as expensive as the DeLonghi) the differences are marginal.

Decision made bought the one in the above link as was on offer today in Debenhams for £79.99.

Thanks for all the input but bean to cup too much of a faff for the limited amount of time I am in the office and already have an aeropress but again too much messing just want press and go decent coffee

Thanks to all its amazing so many of us are on the same wavelength

It's a decent machine, if you prefer a hotter drink it's worth running a small cup of hot water through before you put a pod in.

You off work for Christmas now Ian?

Ant.

Yes finished last Friday taking a full three weeks off to get some quality family time. Got a week in the lakes first week in Jan for my daughters birthday with all the family. Then I head down to Australia for a stint with work.

Hope you and the family have a great Christmas and a Happy Healthy and prosperous New Year .

It's a decent machine, if you prefer a hotter drink it's worth running a small cup of hot water through before you put a pod in.

This.

That's the model I got for my 50th. Very good value, I probably have one cappuccino type a day.

Apart from finishing off the remaining beans I've switched to the Nespresso so easily. Having had a top of the range Jura (currently deceased needing repairs about twice as expensive as the DeLonghi) the differences are marginal.

Which Jura have you got? I've got the Z7.

What has gone wrong with your Jura? I've had mine about 5 years without issue, so far. I really ought to get it serviced.

The brew chamber has completely silted up so needs replacing, not a DIY or cheap task.

I'm not too surprised, they do seem to make a mess inside. I'm amazed how many grinds miss the collection chamber. Still, I bet Roger Federer doesn't have any issues. ;)

Indeed! What always bugged me about it was for an expensive, Swiss, bit of kit is how much mess it created. Tot up the water filter, descaling, cleaning tabs etc and it is an expensive thing to run as well as buy for a lot of mess (pouring out the overflow tray, cleaning all the grinds off the drip tray cover and constantly drying between the sensors too - very temperamental).

All I miss is the ability to use the beans of my choice.

Consumables do certainly add up. I tend to buy in bulk to help reduce the cost. If mine did go kaput, I'd be tempted by one of the newer machines with the screen, although, in reality I'd probably look elsewhere. I did like the Nespresso machine, but found it a bit limited. I could be tempted by an industrial espresso machine.

Consumables do certainly add up. I tend to buy in bulk to help reduce the cost...

I buy my beans in bulk. Rio Espresso Oro at £74 for twelve 1kg bags, delivered free. I have DeLonghi Magnifica bean-to-cup machines at work and at home - so we get about 8 months' supply of coffee out of a delivery.

140 cups (approx) from 1kg makes 1680 cups for £74 - so 4p per cup.

Compared to using pods, that makes the machines paid for in a relatively short period. Maintenance is pretty minimal and we love the flavour.

Last edited:
I recently bought a heavily discounted Jura Impressa A9 (£575) from John Lewis: normally £1,050 until 17/1/16.

I'm thrilled with its performance. It doesn't take that much looking after compared to my previous Bosch VeroCafe, and De'Longhi Eletta Top Cappuccinno.

Although I still run a Nespesso Citiz, freshly ground coffee has the edge.

That was a good price. Good luck with it.

I bought a second Nespresso machine last week as the Mrs has adopted my old one when she took on my old office.

It came with an offer of a free Aeroccino machine if I bought 150 capsules.

Capsules and machine arrived today, so far very impressed with the frothy coffee, I was warming the milk in the microwave previously but this is much better.

Yours,

Poncy coffee drinker.

I bought a second Nespresso machine last week as the Mrs has adopted my old one when she took on my old office.

It came with an offer of a free Aeroccino machine if I bought 150 capsules.

Capsules and machine arrived today, so far very impressed with the frothy coffee, I was warming the milk in the microwave previously but this is much better.

Yours,

Poncy coffee drinker.

Mrs Ant has been asking for Xmas ideas for me Lewy.

Post me the link for yours me ole mucca. :thumb:

Ant.

The machine or the frother?

Machine is Krupps Pixie I believe and the frother is Nespresso's own make Aeroccino.

The deal was buy the machine at about £70, I believe that she bought online at Debenhams, then buy 150 capsules directly from Nespresso and add a frother to the order for free. The capsules cost around £50 and I think that the frother should also have cost about £50.

I'll go back to Lidl capsules once these are used up as they are plenty strong enough and cost half the posh ones.

Only issue was choosing the 150 capsules from their massive range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom