Best pod coffee machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No but I'll keep it in mind for my next order.

I just took delivery of these:

Fortissio Lungo
Livanto Espresso
Dulsao Espresso
Ristretto Espresso

Those are nice, i like the Ristretto and the Livanto.

My normal order is

Intenso
Apreggio
Roma
Dharkan

Espresso

Capriccio
Livanto

Lungo

Envivio

And an arpeggio decafinato for the evenings when i fancy a coffee.

I've tried some of the non nespresso capsules and they don't seem to work the same. Its like the grind is wrong on them and the machine really struggles to push the water through it. I've found that with them all and tried them all too and the nespresso ones just seem to work.

We have a Dolce Gusto machine (one of the older ones in fact) and its pretty decent and I'm not a massive coffee drinker.

you can pick an automatic machine up now for around 60 70 quid i think and asda normally do 3 boxes of pods for 10 quid.

I fancy they're a lot cheaper than the alternatives !!

Jamie

A bean to cup machine has to be more economical?

Had my De'Longhi for about 7yrs now, providing 10-20 espressos a day :)

A bean to cup machine has to be more economical?

Had my De'Longhi for about 7yrs now, providing 10-20 espressos a day :)

I still have a grinder for coffee beans and a cafetiere plus a filter/jug machine but if I want a single cup then the Nespresso is hard to beat.

I have a nespresso and and bean to cup ... needless to say the nespresso is now defunct.
Bean to cup - not an expensive one ( Delonghi ESAM4000.b Magnificas Bean to Cup Espresso Cappuccino machine)

One of the best machines I ever bought... used 3-4 times a day - love it.

We always had bean to cup machines but the service cost every x years was more than buying a new pod machine each time.

We always had bean to cup machines but the service cost every x years was more than buying a new pod machine each time.

Service? Apart from descaling as required, mine has received none :eek:

Service? Apart from descaling as required, mine has received none :eek:

I have a Jura bean to cup machine at home, the Nespresso is just for the office to keep my going and to save me from the Instant that others drink :dk:

They are just really handy and mess free.

Nearly one year on, I'm still very pleased with my Jura A9 B2C machine.

However, I occasionally use my Nespresso CitiZ: the genuine Nespresso pods produce far better Coffee compared to third-party brands from the supermarket.

Even so, Starbucks has just begun to sell NX/Nespresso versions of its Coffee.

BTW, the Krups Pixie is available in John Lewis for just £59: with the promise of a free Aerocinno.

I still have a grinder for coffee beans and a cafetiere plus a filter/jug machine but if I want a single cup then the Nespresso is hard to beat.

I'd forgotten, we also have one of those stove-top machines for when the log burner is lit, Baletti or something.

I'm not addicted to coffee, honest!

I'm glad this thread has been resurrected as it's given me an idea. We have recently moved our office in London from Aldwych to Trafalgar Square. In Aldwych there was a professional Nespresso machine which uses "pillows" rather than the little metal cups. Coincidentally, at approximately the time we were moving, that machine was rendered u/s. We have several boxes of "pillows" left. Does anyone use that type of Nespresso machine? We don't have access to one in our new offices. I do have waste.

Nearly one year on, I'm still very pleased with my Jura A9 B2C machine.

However, I occasionally use my Nespresso CitiZ: the genuine Nespresso pods produce far better Coffee compared to third-party brands from the supermarket.

Even so, Starbucks has just begun to sell NX/Nespresso versions of its Coffee.

BTW, the Krups Pixie is available in John Lewis for just £59: with the promise of a free Aerocinno.

I've been meaning to buy some Nespresso-compatible Starbucks pods for some time but I haven't got round to it. Until yesterday that is.

We called into Starbucks, and there was a display of pod at the till. When I said I'd take a pack the lady serving me mentioned that I could have (any) free drink if I purchased two packs of 10 pods. Bargain.

Drinking a latte right now, made with a Starbucks Espresso pod in our Lattisima, and it's very good. In fact it's my second today.

I bought a spare Lattisima from Currys this week. Now reduced to £99, with £75 credit towards coffee from the Nespresso store, so £24 'real' cost (we would buy coffee anyway so the £75 is useful).

I was about to pull the trigger on a spare milk frothier which was about £40 for all the components, so buying a whole new Lattisima to keep in the cupboard worked out better value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom