Best Product to Clean Roof Lining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzowner

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6Diesel
As per title, any suggestions what the best product is to clean roof lining. I have a few small marks on the lining so will probably need to do the whole thing as I am sure cleaning the small marks will leave patches :(

I'd probably use a weak diluted APC and lightly dab.

Problem with that is that I have some stubborn stains and don't think it will work. I will give it a try though.

A weak solution of washing powder, don't over wet, you'll be surprised.

I’ve used cellulose thinners (gun wash) many times to remove stubborn stains to trim.
Dab it onto a wet cloth. You might want to test a small area first to make sure it doesn’t remove any colour although if it’s a head cloth any colour will be permanent.
Some plastic trim parts have a colour coating over the plastic which you have to be careful with.

Other than this a regular domestic kitchen spray cleaner with added bleach, again applied onto a wet cloth.

Hi, I've never used Surfex HD, but I have used a lot of their other products and Bilt Hamber stuff has always been brilliant, I'd give it a try.

If its just a couple of small stains, why not try a sponge and fairy liquid? You'd be surprised. ;)

All down to the technique, dab and dont scrub, scrubbing will embed the stain into the fabric.
I use isopropyl alcohol wipes and just lightly touch the stain with right left gentle motions untill the wipe absorbs it.
If you get any mark left use All purpose cleaner and do same untill all is clean

Thanks for the info guys, I will have a go with the powder and liquids under the sink to see how I get on.

Depending what the stain is & what material the roof is, i guess determines the cleaner but in the past have used vanish which has worked for me..

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Flash lemon liquid 10% in warm water and a spray bottle.damp it, wait 30 seconds and dab with a sponge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom