Best sat nav for hands free calls in a 124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
Title says it all. I want hands free calls in my 124 so I think I need a good sat nav unit with that capability along with decent.mapoing data and.live updates.

May I have your recommendations please-appreciate they may be limited as so many members have newer cars with the facility built in.

Thanks, Matt

hiya.im looking advive about doing a conversion on a 190 e 18cc to a 2.3 kompressor both cars auto and wish to keep auto..is this possible..any advice please

Never used the satnav on it but this is what I have

image1(10).jpeg

Hiw does that work with the phone then Dash?

I like the idea of a sat nav as no wiring in etc

Hiw does that work with the phone then Dash?

I like the idea of a sat nav as no wiring in etc

The phone connects to the stereo via BT,you need a mic for it
It also has aux but you need a cable for it

I have a Becker Cascade in the 124. It is similar to the grand Prix seen above. These units suit the 124 dash very well and the cascade allows several colours for the display. One matches the 124 dash perfectly. The SatNav is very basic - just voice and arrows on the display. Phone connects via Bluetooth and you need a microphone which comes with the unit. Sound quality is superb with twin tuners for the radio. However they are now old, hard to find and cost loads if you find one. I think that recent updates to the Iphone or bluetooth have resulted in a small problem in that the units now drop the phone after a few minutes. We have 3 cascades in various vehicles and they all now drop the Iphone intermittently.

Thanks. I think my desire for a stand alone satnav with the built in phone and mic connection has only been increased.

Any suggestions for those style of units folks. Tomtom 5200 seems to get good reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom