Best shock absorbers? For 124 ce sport suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roman82

Car
MERCEDES C126,W124 400E AMG,W124ce 300-24 SPORTLINE ///AMG,w212 350 sport
I want ask if any one knows parts number for front shock absorbers? Looking to buy only bilstein b6,b8???????I got sport factory suspension 124 ce 1992 SPORTLINE. Rear I got self levelling. So need just front ones.)

I want ask if any one knows parts number for front shock absorbers? Looking to buy only bilstein b6,b8???????I got sport factory suspension 124 ce 1992 SPORTLINE. Rear I got self levelling. So need just front ones.)

These were the originals on my 300CE Sportline:
Sachs 115 070

RayH
PS: Wish I had rear self-levelling.

Roman:I take it you're Yuri's friend??Much cheaper buying them from the states
I'll post a link later

Wow. Thx so much for this links. Very helpful info.

You'll pay import duty, VAT and a handling charge bringing them in from the states. Best place to buy parts for German cars is ebay.de

Nick Froome

Ok thx for advice. I think I found correct part number for b8: 22- 03652 bilstein b8 front???

Last edited:
Correct---- buy em from Olly = BlackC55 and I'm sure he will help with any fitting advice you might need.

Someone told me koni sport better!!! Does anyone know about koni shocks???

Nope --Bilstein best aftermarket OEM were Sachs/ Boge if I recall correctly.
Bilstein developed the mono-tube shock design starting in the late 1950s Because the design was patented, no other manufacturer could use it until 1971 when the patent expired.

Someone told me koni sport better!!! Does anyone know about koni shocks???

I fitted Koni Sport (yellow) adjustables on a C-Class instead of going my usual route with Bilsteins B6's. I got the Koni's at a very good price but usually they are more expensive than Bilsteins. The Koni's are great, no complaints but better than the Bilsteins? I've honestly no idea. I reckon you should buy either but buy on price. As mentioned eBay.de usually have them at the best price.

Last edited:
I have an 1989 300SE auto and am looking to change to Bilstein shock absorbers all round. It is standard with original 15" wheels and tyres and given it's a lazy sloppy old thing anyway am I better sticking to standard B4's or going for the heavy duty B4's? Cheers.

If you find it sloppy it may well be the springs could also be worth doing, it really makes a huge difference.

If you find it sloppy it may well be the springs could also be worth doing, it really makes a huge difference.

True - replacing the front springs on a W124 or W201 can make a huge difference to the handling. Newer (and so stiffer) springs have improved the ride each time I've done it, which seems counterintuitive at first

Nick Froome

The springs are worth considering but one rear damper is doing very little and the fronts are original at 28y/197k so I'll start there. I replaced 1 front spring in 2015 for it's first MOT since 2008 as it was a case of doing the minimum until I found out just what I had bought, - the car sits level despite this. i will probably stick with standard B4 dampers.

Will definitely go Bilsteins all around on the next changeup. May need to go stiffer springs in the front though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom