Best spectator view's at donnington park?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by karlos280, Apr 9, 2014.

1. karlos280

karlos280 Member

What are your thoughts on the best area's at donnington park to watch a race?
    I'm going to watch the BTCC at donnington this month and not sure where the best views are.

2. Martyn_n

Martyn_n Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W124 E320, ML270
    It's a long time since I last went and I have no idea what changes have been made since it re-opened but I always used to end up on the infield near the old hairpin. You get a good view of craner curves and BTCC always used to have some interesting "racing incidents" there. (ask Nigel Mansell)

3. OP
    OP
    karlos280

karlos280 Member

Yeah I've not been for years and like you I watched infield at Craner curves but i don't think you can watch infield anymore.
    And what a great race that was when mansell was there driving.

4. Martyn_n

Martyn_n Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W124 E320, ML270
    He was certainly a class act in the few laps between his fuel pump starting to work properly and him hitting the bridge. Obviously I was concerned for his health but I was also absolutely fuming with him for going to hospital instead of driving the TVR Tuscan in the afternoon!!

5. OP
    OP
    karlos280

karlos280 Member

Yeah it was some show he put on for us,shame it ended the way it did. Some crash thou!

6. edgersoldchap

edgersoldchap Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S211 E320 CDI, Jaguar XKR 5.0 Speed Pack
    Good question - I'm thinking of going as well and I've not been to Donnington before. I'm used to stock car and other short-circuit racing where you can see the whole track. I don't want to be in a spot where you can only see a small part of what's going on.