Best tyre dressing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^^ +1

Believe it or not....depends on tyre brand. Some take well to one brand/composition whilst others to a different tyre dressing..

My choice is Autosmart Highstyle. Wash tyres properly, apply one coat, let it dry, apply second coat. Lasts upto 4 weeks if lucky.

Detailing World forum probably have some good recommendations too.

100% meguires endurance, its what most folk use when detailing a car for a show

Meguires endurance or Poorboys are my two go to products. Both are easy to apply and last well. Poorboys has a really nice smell as well as doing the job.
I always apply dressing to clean and dry tyres. As they last well I always use a pair of disposable poly gloves as washing the stuff off your hands is hard. Any dressing on the rims can be easily cleaned off when it’s still wet with kitchen paper so application is fast.

Meg’s endurance I’d say, but I have Michelin pilot sport 4S’s fitted which have a matt finish, so it enhances the details of the text and logos nicely. If I fancy the wet look of a regular tyre, I simply apply a little more. Awesome stuff

I use Carbon Collective Sateen Tyre & Rubber Protectant.

Lasts ALONG time....

I have a slight problem with Meguiars and similar in that I have a dark clay paver drive and usually get oily lines all over it when I reverse out of my garage , really pees me off. I've tried various liquid black shoe polish, which dries quickly with no lines on my drive. The best one is Crosby Liquid Black shoe polish, easy to apply with a reasonable gloss shine and seems to repel dirt and road grime, others just dry to a matt black finish. Sods law , my last bottle was getting a bit low last weekend and after trawling the internet it would appear that it's no longer available , bollo**s. If any body knows where I can get some , please let me know.

Washed and polished the car this morning and topped up the Megs tyre dressing.
First time I bought this and I will be using it again. Got enough for one more application.

20200206_155141[1].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom