Best tyre dressing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you guys aren’t literally scrubbing the sidewalls clean with an appropriate brush then products won’t last long

I use a Tuff Shine tyre brush, scrub down with citrus wash, then apply megs endurance via a foam tyre applicator and the finish lasts for over a month

I've just ordered the kit from cleanyourcar and will give it a go on the Michelin PS4s that I'll order. I'll give it a going over outer and inner prior to having them fitted to the car.

I've just ordered the kit from cleanyourcar and will give it a go on the Michelin PS4s that I'll order. I'll give it a going over outer and inner prior to having them fitted to the car.

cautious with those tyres (I have the same) they are naturally a matte effect tyre as opposed to regular gloss, so if you want it all shiny and not just the embossed text then another layer of product may be needed

cautious with those tyres (I have the same) they are naturally a matte effect tyre as opposed to regular gloss, so if you want it all shiny and not just the embossed text then another layer of product may be needed

Thanks for the heads up. I don't want it shiny, just a durable protection.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't want it shiny, just a durable protection.

I quite like the matte look, it just accents the text on the tyre nicely whilst the remaining stays ‘clean’ looking

This is after a couple of weeks

4C4C0264-0BCC-4397-9006-0AF711499233.jpeg

It that case, it seems extremely durable and I look forward to trying it. Is that with only a single application of tuf shine?

It that case, it seems extremely durable and I look forward to trying it. Is that with only a single application of tuf shine?

Technically maybe 1.5, as I’ll roll the car forward and reapply to the area that was previously touching the floor edge

I use the arched tyre dressing applicator from CYC which is very handy at just getting the tyre wall and nowhere else, great but of simple but effective kit

I’ll drop two droplets on the applicator, do x2 tyres on one side, apply another two drops and do the other two tyres on the other side. Then apply one droplet and apply to the missed bottom edges on all four.

Megs endurance simply does last for ages as so little is needed. Smells vaguely of calpol too ;)

My Tuf Shine kit arrived and I now have my summer alloys shod with Michelin PS4s all round.

This is a nice comparison vid relevant to the thread.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No photos, but I tackled, my new summer tyres with the Tuf Shine scrub today. Unsurprisingly, they produced white suds (indicating clean) upon first application.

I also applied it to one rear tyre for comparison and it took three passes to produce white suds. I haven't dressed it yet, I'll do that soon.

I have purchased the 'kit' which includes the durable tyre lacquer (as per their MO).

The trick to the prep is to keep scrubbing down the tyre walls with soap or APC and rinsing and repeating until the foam that comes off the tyres is white, no hint of brown/dirt

I've used whatever is around, but my next purchase will be carpro perl

The trick to the prep is to keep scrubbing down the tyre walls with soap or APC and rinsing and repeating until the foam that comes off the tyres is white, no hint of brown/dirt

I've used whatever is around, but my next purchase will be carpro perl

The comparison video contained within this thread is excellent.

Aye, I follow the Forensic Detailing channel because I am really sad and have no life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom