Best tyres for 2013 CLS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for all this . Good point on Nexon lifetime warranty.. sounds unique?
AFAIK Nexen are main player re warranty...I may be wrong. never had to claim so do check the T&C's yourself.

Friendly nearby supply is a factor for me too....I don't buy Nexens mail order...In event of pothole damage I can simply take tyre to the supplying agent for inspection &/or replacement......in that eventuality

Last edited:
My car came fitted with Pirellis, I'm not a fan of such, I had a Cayenne Turbo with Pirellis fitted when I bought it and it was comically entertaining in the wet! Finally I've managed to take enough tread off the rears to justify (with a bit of man maths) the purchase of a set of Conti Sport Contacts and the difference (albeit I've only tried them in the dry) is night and day, finally the car has traction at the rear from standstill!

The sizes and prices were:

255/35/R19 £155 each
285/30/R19 £220 each

I must get my 285x30x19 conti sport contact up for sale, only done around 500 miles. Maybe this weekend......

I have recently replaced the tyres on my E350 212. It was on the orginal Bridgestones when I bought the car, eventually replaced the rears with Rainsport 3. This was not a good move as the rear moved around a lot (soft sidewalls?) and the uniroyals wore out fairly quickly.
I have Michelin PS4 on my other car and really rate them so priced them up for the E class. I then saw the tyre reviews video linked above and decided to price up Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy 5. The Goodyears were nearly £100 cheaper than the Michelins.
I think the Goodyears really suit the E class, the ride is a lot plusher and yet there is much more body control when driving along country roads. I cannot directly compare to the Ps4 as I have tyres on different cars, but I can say that I am pleased I went with the Goodyears.
Too early to comment on wear.

That's my next go to as the fronts look like the previous owner had run them under inflated .

Think I can get them locally for £160 fitted , strangely they are more on ebay just lose .

Rain tyres are a gimmick as some summer tyres have epic grooves .

A6992212-2494-4675-A70C-9C9EAA683B89.jpeg

Screenshot_20210609-191957_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210609-192251_Chrome.jpg

Shark skin technology , lmao .

That's my next go to as the fronts look like the previous owner had run them under inflated .

Think I can get them locally for £160 fitted , strangely they are more on ebay just lose .

Rain tyres are a gimmick as some summer tyres have epic grooves .

View attachment 114169

View attachment 114170

View attachment 114171

Shark skin technology , lmao .
FWIW I've fitted the Uniroyals to many cars, in fact the Mrs' Mini Cooper has a set on and I've always found them to be superb. The Goodyear F1 Asy I had on a Volvo V70R and they were epic, so much so that I fitted a set to an XJ I had on which they were dreadful, no traction whatsoever, it seems they do like some weight on them to perform at their best, oddly I replaced those with a set of Rainsports and they were excellent. As to wear, if you think that you can have additional grip without corresponding wear you either fail to understand how a tyre derives grip or you're deluding yourself.....

Well you said the CLS eats tyres,I would look at Nexen,they are very hard wearing,and nowhere near the price of the top makes,
Hi , our local taxi company use Nexen tyres on their fleet of Mercedes limos.

They are all newish cars.

Owner loves them as they don't wear out.( Takes along time )

What's the treadwear rating ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom