Best tyres for c200 2002 elegance saloon petrol 2l

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mainbunny

Car
c200 2002 mercedes
Hi guys, have 225 50z r16 96w xl all round on my car...Have just become aware of the disadvantages of xl (extra load) tyres giving a harsher ride. Question is how much roughly percentage wise is the harsher or harder ride using these tyres as compared to the non xl? Also does the car warrant the xl's as it's quite a heavy car I'm guessing, generally no more than two people riding at a time and not carrying much in the boot.
Thanks in advance,
mainbunny.

Do you have the handbook? the load index required will be specified there. The W202 is not a particularly heavy car per se, the only car I have owned that specified the XL tyres was a Saab9-5 3 litre saloon . If you do not have the handbook I am sure a local dealer would be able to advise you on the appropriate rating.

Thanks for the quick reply DSM 10000, no, don't have the handbook but pretty sure it's a W203 if it's any help...To complicate matters I remember reading the front and rear tyres are two different sizes but I'm more interested in the softness of the ride. The local dealer wasn't a lot of help except for offering a very expensive top of the range set of tyres.

Thanks for the quick reply DSM 10000, no, don't have the handbook but pretty sure it's a W203 if it's any help...To complicate matters I remember reading the front and rear tyres are two different sizes but I'm more interested in the softness of the ride. The local dealer wasn't a lot of help except for offering a very expensive top of the range set of tyres.

Sorry! typing trouble :)

I have a 320 W203 and that does not have XL tyres fitted. I will look at my handbook later if you have not got the information you need by then.

Front and rear can be a staggered size (mine are not):thumb:

Sorry! typing trouble :)

I have a 320 W203 and that does not have XL tyres fitted. I will look at my handbook later if you have not got the information you need by then.

Front and rear can be a staggered size (mine are not):thumb:
Thanks again DSM10000 appreciate it when you have time...:)

Thanks again DSM10000 appreciate it when you have time...
smile.gif

Just checked the handbook, for 225 section tyres the recommended load index is 92. :)

Thank you DSM10000, I'll read up on the load index...Cheers buddy..:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom