Best V8 Sound - in the movies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D-18

SUPPORTER
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Portfolio
Following on from the earlier thread about the best V8 sounds, I thought it might be interesting to hear what people think are the best movies for V8 engines. Here are a few of my choices for good 'ol beer-and-cigarettes American V8 noises:

Vanishing Point
Vanishing Point (1971) - IMDb

The Last American Hero
The Last American Hero (1973) - IMDb

Redline 7000
Red Line 7000 (1965) - IMDb

Bullitt
Bullitt (1968) - IMDb

Two lane blacktop
Two-Lane Blacktop (1971) - IMDb

American Graffiti
American Graffiti (1973) - IMDb

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (1974) - IMDb

The Driver
The Driver (1978) - IMDb

Some (but not all) of these films are absolutely dire, but the sounds are excellent! I haven't seen 'Redline 7000' in years, but can remember it featured a brief appearance of a rare Cobra Daytona Coupe.

Its kinda cheating a bit but the Koenigsegg in the 2003 Gumball 3000 movie

Vanishing Point-My fave film ever- the bit where he nails the throttle going up the freeway on ramp near the beginning of the film makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and other things too! :ban::eek:

Bullitt was dubbed- said to be the sound of the GT40 in Le mans.. The Mustang was beefed up quite a bit for the chase scene, but the Charger was standard.. Can you guess I'm a Mopar fan!

This radio station is named Kowalski, the last American Hero,to whom speed means freedom of the soul....

Maybe he killed somebody, maybe he stole that big dude o' his..

Gilda Texter's b**bs were the first ever seen on TV for me too. Dodge Challenger and naked ladies...what a film!

Damn, I'm gonna have to go and watch it again :)

Last edited:
Elenor in Gone in 60 seconds, the Shelby GT500 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom