Best value AMG on the market currently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KILOCHARLIE

Car
190e/c220/cls55/ml63?
One great thing (amongst many others) is how much AMG’s depreciate. Some models hold their value very well but on the whole prices plummet from new and allow the general market into affordable ownership of very premium cars.

Would be grateful for any insight on what models are offering best bang for buck in any price range. The amg gt’s look great value compared to new prices as similar cars released at the same time. Others such as still reasonably new models from the 2000’s looks exceptional value. S55’s and CL55’s be had a 90% depreciated prices with well looked after examples a plenty. G wagon’s seem stupidly overpriced on the opposite side of the scale.

For full disclosure, I’m selling my father in law’s CLS55 which from a lot of YouTube reviewers I’ve seen mention as the number 1 best performance car bang for buck, not even AMG specific. I’ve no choice but to sell as it isn’t mine but wondered what other models are worth a look if I were to buy one myself. Thanks

It rather depends on your personal definition of 'best'... Decide what you want first, though. Saloon? Estate? Coupe? Convertible? Hatchback?

It rather depends on your personal definition of 'best'... Decide what you want first, though. Saloon? Estate? Coupe? Convertible? Hatchback?
Any and all. All included and all prices.

I think he is here to advertise his dads car.
I’ve owned numerous Benz’s over the years myself, it’s my first amg albeit, yet it’s not even mine. But no, I’m genuinely interested. Certain models seem absolute bargain (cls included) but if I’m going to ask here must be the best place right?

You're rather asking how long is a piece of string, you know. Is an A45 a 'better' car than an E55? They're aimed at very different market segments, so they can't really be compared, and it's comparative ratings you're asking for.

You're rather asking how long is a piece of string, you know. Is an A45 a 'better' car than an E55? They're aimed at very different market segments, so they can't really be compared, and it's comparative ratings you're asking for.
It can be entirely subjective. An e55 at 15k is a bargain compared to an A45 at 25k imo. But then a e55 at 15k compared to a gt at 60k? Tough call.

I’m sure a lot of members have opinions on which models are under/overpriced at the moment.

So what you're really asking is which models you're most likely to make a profit on, then...

I would say that the W203 C 55 AMG is the best value. Not only are they affordable to buy, they are affordable to run thanks to relatively strong reliability record and relatively low parts pricing. A long way for the most powerful AMG but still plenty, and combines old school AMG charm with the benefits of being relatively modern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom