Best value/warranty for a TYPE 017 battery?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Parisien

Car
SL320
Not driven my SL for a while, the hefty battery not taking a change, its 6/7 yrs old, wheres the best place to order one?

P

Get a price from your dealer. You'll get the correct battery and a good guarantee. They are surprisingly competetive.

I don't know if UK mainland ship across to N Ireland but check if MB Grangemouth do. They, along with MB Newcastle seem to heavily discount parts and ship next day.

Mercedes-Benz of Grangemouth | Arnold Clark

Bought my new one for my E320cdi at local MB dealer, fitted and car valeted for £140, 2 year warranty. cheaper on line and longer warranty but more hassle for me.

Type 017 battery into a search engine and you will find lots. For example:

1x Exide Excell 95Ah 800CCA 12v Type 017 Car Battery 3 Year Warranty - EB950

The Numax you currently have is not a premium brand so has done well enough to last 6/7 years

On the different options offered, you can use any similar sized batter that physically fits and has the same terminal orientation. Best would be whatever type MB originally fitted and that might not be a 017. All type 017 batteries will not have the same capacity and CCA, the better ones will have higher values.

Last edited:
+1 for Tayna. I have used them for the past several years and their pricing always seems to be there or therabouts for quality brands such as Varta Silver.

am pretty sure you will get more choices for an 019, as most battery manufacturers discontinued the 017, as after all it is just a lower output version of a 019, should be identical dimensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom