Best wax for not leaving white marks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adamjobson

Car
w220 2002 sclass 320cdi
Hi,

I'm looking for a decent wax that won't leave white marks if I accidentally over spill onto black trims/ rubbers. I know I can mask off areas but if I can help it would rather not.
The car is a very dark blue almost black.

Thanks
Adam

If you are happy with your current wax, just use glass cleaner or 'back to black' trim cleaner to take the marks off. Otherwise, you have opened a can of worms regarding wax…..see section on detailing!

Use a wax for darker colours like DoDo Purple Haze Pro - it's purple so doesn't leave white marks.

Currently using meguiars 3 stage cleaner polish and wax it's pretty good but when I think I'm done I will notice a white blob in a crevice or on a door seal really gets my OCD kicking in.
I will look into the dodo purple haze too.

Thanks.

I've bought Turtle Wax Ice and it gives a good finish without any white residue. Can be applied to hard plastics and rubber. (Not glass).

It's not a wax though, but water does bead and run off very well and washing the car seems to be much easier. I use just a hose and a microfibre sponge.

Can be a bit draggy to polish off if applied too thickly. RRP is £19.99 but I paid £9.99 so shop around if tempted.

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=ONC3M47aUHw[/YOUTUBE]

Does the turtle wax give a good shine/ finish?

Thanks
Adam.

Just ordered a small pot of the dodo juice, I will feed back next week once applied and try the turtle wax if I'm not happy. I see lots of elbow grease being used before winter sets in!

Any solid wax will be just wax. It sounds like you are using a wax-polish product that contains fillers and cutting agents.

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

Last edited:
Just finished using the Purple Haze and very impressed with the finish and ease of application.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_0050.jpg
    DSC_0050.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 55
Personal experience suggests any good quality carnauba wax, pinnacle for instance, will not leave a residue as you describe on surrounds as black bumpers or rubbers, whereas most waxes that also have polishing agents will....note I stress "most", before I get a deluge of contrary examples...:D

ATB;)

Just finished using the Purple Haze and very impressed with the finish and ease of application.

Thanks

Oh dear.......it appears some young tearaway has stabbed your hood with a wooden pole causing a crazing effect.......

I'd get that polished over quick! :D

Autoglym HD wax is fab, read the reviews on it. I have been using it for over a year and it simply is brilliant.

I'll second that. Great stuff to use and no white residue. I find it enhances windscreen rubbers and any rubber bits like the window bottom trim really well if it runs over

I can vouch for Finish Kare paste waxes.
I use their #2685 and 1000p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom