Best way for DPF run on C220D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HKnMBenz

Car
Mercedes, C220D 2016 Saloon AMG Line
Hi, recently bought a C220D and i am really happy with it. No issues with it, touch wood and drives like a beauty.

My question is that it’s a car that I will use locally and will also go for long motorway stretches once a week maybe. Around 800+ miles a month it may do from now o

Just wondering with the DPF run going maybe once a week or once every two weeks enough ? And going at 70mph puts me in 7th gear and at 2000 rpm is this also good for a dpf run? For my 2016 C220D what is the best rpm/speed/how often I should do this?

By a motorway drive I mean somewhere around 30-60miles there and then back. I rarely drive for more than few hours of constant motorway driving

Once a week on the motorway will be all the car needs , leave the car in sport through normal usage .
you could consider using something like this additive

Your use is much the same as mine.
As said, drive it normally.
Having said that I do use premium diesel which seems to make for a quieter engine.
Enjoy.

Which contains more 2-EHN.. which improves diesels ignition delay ( diesel knock ) thus better combustion producing less smoke .

I have done 34000 miles in 7 years mainly short runs and maybe a long run once every 6 weeks and never had a problem. If the car does not cut out when stopped in traffic and you can smell a sickly sweet smell keep driving as it is the dpf regenerating

Once a week on the motorway will be all the car needs , leave the car in sport through normal usage .
you could consider using something like this additive
Or use premium fuels - they burn cleaner and will help protect the DPF.

They do , but they cost a lot more
True, but driving around in a Diesel at 2,000 rpm isn't exactly a saving either ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom