best way to dry a car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Timmy1806

Car
E320CDI
what is best to use when drying a car. At present using a chamious leather cloth but it leaves smears on the windows and bodywork. Time for a change but not sure what to get

Oops. Should have come up as a chemical guys fatty orange drying towel.

If you have waxed/clayed/polished your car recently then just use the standard open hose then the water should just sheet off of your car.. Making it easier for you to dry as the car has less water onit.. Then use a drying towl as said above ^ :)

If you wanted to go OCD and didn't want to touch the paint you could as also said above use a garden blower.

Have only recently bought car and a bit new to this but when weather improves going to get stuck in with claying/polishing/waxing. Thanks for the advice

A quality 70/30 drying towel will absorb with no ringing out a car up to the size of a vogue. Then if you want to remove excess from badges, grilles, shuts and gaps. Then get yourself a warm air blower.

I just use the cheapest microfibre cloths I can find - eBay or whatever. Gave up on the chamois on advice from detailing world - aparently they're as bad as normal cellulose sponges at picking up grit and scratching the paint!

You can remove the need for drying if you use a "water filter" which removes hardness (rather these are an ion exchange device than a filter but most people use the term "filter")

Great when time is short.

I still use a chamois. But im getting the sense a drying towel is better? :dk:

Try a decent microfibre drying towel and you will never go back to a chamois. (PS the Meguiars drying towel from Halfrauds is cr@p and should be avoided)

Oops. Should have come up as a chemical guys fatty orange drying towel.

plus one for these......unbelievable the water they ''carry''.

Mic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom