best way to remove bird poop on cabriolet roof

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AbbieCadabra

Car
E350CDI
we're down in Cornwall at the moment enjoying the new E350CDI :rock:

however, the flipping seagulls appear to have taken an intense attraction to our car for some reason. we've stopped in the same area for the past few years & we've never had problems like this before, it's very weird :dk:

we've been to the jet wash twice already (at a distance & not too agressive mind) & i've had to do my spray & shine 'spot' removal on the bonnet every day now for the past 3 days! today, it was splattered on the roof too :mad:

i know on the CLK roof i caused a light spot where i tried to remove some paticularly stubborn droppings. i don't want to do the same again so any suggestions please?

Try putting a warm wet sponge on the spot and leave it for a few minutes then hose it off

Sparkling water and an old toothbrush, then jet wash at a distance and do whole roof so you don't get any patches.

whilst we're still away, i think it will be wet wipes then. i have yet to see what havoc the rats of the air have created last night, pebbledash in a varying array of patterns to behold! :eek:

needless to say i'll be on the hunt for a lightweight cover when we get home...:rolleyes:

p.s. we LOVE the car, she's just awesome! :bannana:

Shotgun.

Prevention is better than cure.

It should come off with sponge warm water and fabric cleaner easily, ive sealed mine so just wipe off is usually enough.

I keep a bottle of megs last touch and tissue paper as bird poo can damage paintwork especially if left on to long as it etches into the paintwork :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom