Best way to start with new white paint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c63chris

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL63 + BMW 335d Touring
I am due to pick up my new toy next weekend, a white A45 AMG:). Huge break for me as the last 6 cars I've had have all been black. I've not gone for super guard or anything else but would like people's thoughts on how best to start. I'm assuming cleaning the paint first, I have both Dodo Juice Lime Prime and the Meguiars paint cleaner. Then a wax and finally a sealant? The paint is the standard white so what do people think? I'm not expecting much from the dealer in terms of how clean the car will be when I get it hence using the paint cleaner but what wax and sealant would work best with this paint colour?

The Carlack nano sealant kit for the paintwork works very well. Don't forget your wheels. Clean with Iron-x then seal with Gtechiq C5 wheel armour.

The paint will be lacquered, so treat as any other colour. Wash, polish, wax.

White paint is the hardest of all colours anyway, so is very abusable.

The Carlack nano sealant kit for the paintwork works very well. Don't forget your wheels. Clean with Iron-x then seal with Gtechiq C5 wheel armour.

Iron x isn't a wheel cleaner and shouldn't be treated as such, it's an iron remover (can be used all over the paint as a decontamination stage) a good wheel cleaner should be used then iron x and a tar remover used after to fully de contaminate the wheels prior to sealing.

The paint will be lacquered, so treat as any other colour. Wash, polish, wax.

Agreed. Had mine three years. Good wash and wax works perfect.
Even with the wheels. No need for wheel cleaners.

Any advice for diamond white new paint? Can you recommend detailer in Surrey?

Nothing was applied by the dealer and I can see after first 250 miles that there are black tarmac spots. I'd like to protect it somehow.

Last edited:
It totally depends on how far you want to go. Weather it's a brand new car, or just a car that's new to the owner they all go for my signature detail. These are two HD videos of my most recent work in the last two weeks. Both cars were second hand but new to the owners. They also found out that I'm one of three detailers in Europe now fitting the most bespoke protection, 'Gtechniq crystal serum' this is way, way stronger then C1 crystal lacquer and is topped off with two coats of EXOv2. Just so you know the standard list was:

-Full correction detail,
-engine bay detail,
-wheel removal deep clean,
-interior detail,

Protections consist of:

Gtechniq crystal serum, exov2, c5, G1, L1 & i1.

Take a look at the videos below to see each of the finished article:

Gemclean Detailing-Ferrari 458 Italia-Worlds first Ferrari with Crystal Serum Protection - YouTube

Gemclean Detailing-Porsche Cayenne GTS Gtechniq Crystal Serum. - YouTube

Here's a whit vehicle I completed 3 weeks ago with the same detail:

Gemclean Detailing-Porsche 996 911 GT3RS Replica - YouTube

And a last video to show you how well this protects the vehicle:

Gemclean Detailing-Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer & EXOv2 Hydrophobic Coating Demonstration - YouTube

If it's something that interests you the waiting list isn't too bad at 7 weeks at the moment, but this changes very quickly, especially with the good weather on the horizon:)

Kind Regards
Michael

Last edited:
It's brand new car and I need paint protection. Which option from your website do you recommend?

My website is old hat & new site will be live in 27 days. Did you read above info and watch the videos. These would sort of been 'Glass coat protection detail'

Glass Coat Protection Detail | GemClean

Any advice for diamond white new paint? Can you recommend detailer in Surrey?

Nothing was applied by the dealer and I can see after first 250 miles that there are black tarmac spots. I'd like to protect it somehow.

Speak with Ed at Divine Detailing Home

Ed's mob: 07510651819.

He comes highly recommended on here and is a great guy. My car is with him all this week and he is doing a fantastic job. Mine is having full paint correction and gtechniq coatings throughout, but then my car is 10 years old! He is based in Coulsdon so shouldn't be too far for you. I know quite a bit of his work is detailing and protecting brand new cars for customers before they take delivery from the dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom