Best ways to a DIY refurb of Alloy wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

babyblueCE

Car
300 CE
Hello all. After a bit of help. I've purchased these rims to go on my w210 and wanted to know the best process of refurbing them at home. They have curb damage and the lacquer is peeling.

Save yourself the hassle and get them done professionally! If there 17inch I'd say £250 with a year warranty.

Save yourself the hassle and get them done professionally! If there 17inch I'd say £250 with a year warranty.

Exactly this. I've done a couple of sets now and it's taken me hours and cost a small fortune in materials. You'll get a reasonable finish if you take your time, though I wouldn't fancy masking all the Allen bolts up...

A couple of examples which I've done over the last couple of years.

Jeep before: -

01.jpg

Jeep after: -

02.jpg

Subaru before: -

01%20Scoob.jpg

Subaru after: -

02%20Scoob.jpg

They looked presentable at the end, though the preparation work literally took hours, especially on the Subaru ones which were well past their prime and a combination of diamond cut and powder coated.

Would I do it again? Probably, but I'm a glutton for punishment. :doh:

Agree with the two above. Simple, one-piece rims are easy to do at home if you have the time. Yours look like an absolute nightmare, that I would gladly pass on to Lepsons or similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom