Best Windscreen (Rear/Front) Cleaner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tringaling

Car
C220 CDI
Hi!

Anyone got any specific kit they use to clean the windows? My rear windscreen seems to get a bit musty so I thought I would clean it...

Thanks

I always use Meguiars Perfect Clarity glass cleaner.

It gives a really good streak free finish.

It isn't cheap but it's the best product that I have found.

I use Autoglym glass cleaner and Fastglass

In terms of cleaning as John says anything like Windolene or standard window cleaners will leave a streak free finish.

I tend to stick to automotive brands for the car though.

Autoglym window cleaner does a good job and I have heard it contains a rain repellent, which wouldn't surprise me as it does bead water.

I prefer coating the glass with Rain-X and use their cleaner in between.

I use windscreen wash in a spray bottle....no streaks always looks perfect (just don't use £ shop crap)

Wow who'd have thought that would work.

Totally agree with you and use the same myself.

I just use a clay bar on mine and don't put any products on it now.

Used to use the Carlack 68 stuff, but hate spending on unnecessary items. If it's clean and kept that way then I can't see the point.

I too use Meguiars Perfect Clarity glass cleaner only need a small amount to clean your windows each time.

In case you hadn't applied the rain-x yet, claying the windscreen after washing and before application helps massively with longevity.

Just don't apply it to the interior side of the windscreen thinking it might help with mist (like I did in a previous car), it is an absolute pig to get off!

I use MB branded (yes, I know - but there's still a couple of bottles left) interior glass cleaner, and it's very good.

As for the exterior, I recently discovered an excellent budget solution - as I use exterior one quite a lot: Turtlewax Professional Glass Cleaner - really, truly streak-free, and very easy and quick to buff to a perfect finish.

I'm a Rain-X fanboy, have been for years.

So its my other half now (fangirl anyway) since coating her SL's glass roof and front/rear screen. Keeps them water free extremely well.

I must admit for a cheap off the shelf product it does the trick. :thumb:

It's not so much the product you use but what you apply it with. Absorbent paper towels being the best.

It's not so much the product you use but what you apply it with. Absorbent paper towels being the best.

Simple and effective. Wouldn't consider anything else.

Attachments

• blue tissue.jpg
    blue tissue.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom