Best workshop Manual for 124 Series?

Lust4Life

Active Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2002
Messages
77
Location
Kent
Car
C55
Hi all,

What is the best workshop, haynes type, manual for a 1995 E220 Coupe?

I know there is a 'bible' but I believe it doesn't cover the 4 cylinder models so I'm erring towards the Brooklands book.

It's just for general jobs like how to remove trim to replace the seat presenter arm etc, I'm not going to be rebuilding my gearbox on the drive :)

Any advice appreciated.
 
OP
OP
Lust4Life

Lust4Life

Active Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2002
Messages
77
Location
Kent
Car
C55
Looks like I'm going to become a bit of an eBay regular :)

Thanks Mark.
 

V12

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
5,610
Location
Southampton
Car
S320CDI LWB
I can get hold of full workshop manuals for the 124.
HUGE beasts, dunno if that CD covers them all, if so, its a bargain, as each workshop manual is about £90 from mb and there are 3 for most cars!

I can get them for £40 a piece.;)
 

Mark300SL

1962-2010. Gone, but not forgotten.
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
1,641
Ricky

Can you get them for my r129 SL ?

Because the CD's aren't released yet !!

I have the skinny one - thats advertised everywhere - but I cant get full info on SRS, ABS, and soft top hydraulics etc !

Cheers

Mark
 

V12

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
5,610
Location
Southampton
Car
S320CDI LWB
May be able to,

Give me till tomorrow night, to find out availability.

They normally come in 3 parts :
Chassis and body (part 1)
Chassis and body (part 2)
Engine (different book for each engine) Your engine book should be the same as the W124 300-24v book i guess, as it is pretty much the same apart from manifolds.

;)
 

Mark300SL

1962-2010. Gone, but not forgotten.
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
1,641
Originally posted by V12
May be able to,

Give me till tomorrow night, to find out availability.

They normally come in 3 parts :
Chassis and body (part 1)
Chassis and body (part 2)
Engine (different book for each engine) Your engine book should be the same as the W124 300-24v book i guess, as it is pretty much the same apart from manifolds.

;)
Except mines a 12v :) - on purpose !

I heard too many stories about 24v head gaskets going, so I restricted my search to 500's and 300 12v's

Mark
 

Sp!ke

Administrator
Joined
Jun 2, 2002
Messages
11,968
Location
West London
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Is that Dave Elcome bidding on this?


Me thinks you two are bidding against each other...
 
Last edited:

Dave Elcome

Active Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
216
Location
Maidstone, Kent.
Car
300TE

COUPE FREAK

Active Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
548
Location
STOCKTON UPON TEES,,, ENGLAND.
Car
220CE COUPE,,
V12 said:
I can get hold of full workshop manuals for the 124.
HUGE beasts, dunno if that CD covers them all, if so, its a bargain, as each workshop manual is about £90 from mb and there are 3 for most cars!

I can get them for £40 a piece.;)
i'd like a set for my 220ce 1993,, please,,
 

Sp!ke

Administrator
Joined
Jun 2, 2002
Messages
11,968
Location
West London
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
COUPE FREAK said:
i'd like a set for my 220ce 1993,, please,,
Think youi will find that these are for the US market so only cover the 6 cyl engines.
 

Dave Lewis

Active Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
725
Location
Bristol
Car
'06 Subaru Forester 2.5XT, '98 Subaru Forester
The Brooklands book is South African, and seems to be the only one that covers the 2.0 and 2.2 M111 engines. It's well presented, and doesn't seem to lie. I use it in conjunction with the 124 Bible and the Haynes manual.You need all three to cover it all for a 220 or 200 in my opinion.
 

grober

MB Master
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
28,176
Location
Perth, Scotland
Car
W204 C200CDI Estate
2 haynes manuals

The haynes w124 manual is good. :) If you want to cover the 2.2 litre petrol engine 111.961 its covered in the Haynes Mercedes C-class manual 3511. ;) The pirated American w124 two CD MANUAL is good also. :rolleyes: Should be available on EBAY UK or USA site. Dont pay more than about £10 + postage. As Dave says the only manual which definitely covers your specific model is the Brooklands manual so I guess if you want to buy just the one??????? thats it.
 

Attachments

Last edited:

COUPE FREAK

Active Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
548
Location
STOCKTON UPON TEES,,, ENGLAND.
Car
220CE COUPE,,
Dave Lewis said:
The Brooklands book is South African, and seems to be the only one that covers the 2.0 and 2.2 M111 engines. It's well presented, and doesn't seem to lie. I use it in conjunction with the 124 Bible and the Haynes manual.You need all three to cover it all for a 220 or 200 in my opinion.
dave,, where did you buy the brooklands book from,, does it only cover the engine or is it a bit like the haynes manual,, thanks,,
 

Dave Lewis

Active Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
725
Location
Bristol
Car
'06 Subaru Forester 2.5XT, '98 Subaru Forester
The Brooklands book covers the whole car, with line drawings instead of the photos used in the Haynes manual. It's a South African publication. It's got good wiring diagrams too. You can buy it online at http://www.brooklands-books.com/pages/mercwm.html - also I think Amazon do it, as do the Mercedes Benz Owners Assosiation.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom