Best workshop Manual for 124 Series?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lust4Life

Car
C55
Hi all,

What is the best workshop, haynes type, manual for a 1995 E220 Coupe?

I know there is a 'bible' but I believe it doesn't cover the 4 cylinder models so I'm erring towards the Brooklands book.

It's just for general jobs like how to remove trim to replace the seat presenter arm etc, I'm not going to be rebuilding my gearbox on the drive :)

Any advice appreciated.

Looks like I'm going to become a bit of an eBay regular :)

Thanks Mark.

I can get hold of full workshop manuals for the 124.
HUGE beasts, dunno if that CD covers them all, if so, its a bargain, as each workshop manual is about £90 from mb and there are 3 for most cars!

I can get them for £40 a piece.;)

Ricky

Can you get them for my r129 SL ?

Because the CD's aren't released yet !!

I have the skinny one - thats advertised everywhere - but I cant get full info on SRS, ABS, and soft top hydraulics etc !

Cheers

Mark

May be able to,

Give me till tomorrow night, to find out availability.

They normally come in 3 parts :
Chassis and body (part 1)
Chassis and body (part 2)
Engine (different book for each engine) Your engine book should be the same as the W124 300-24v book i guess, as it is pretty much the same apart from manifolds.

;)

Originally posted by V12
May be able to,

Give me till tomorrow night, to find out availability.

They normally come in 3 parts :
Chassis and body (part 1)
Chassis and body (part 2)
Engine (different book for each engine) Your engine book should be the same as the W124 300-24v book i guess, as it is pretty much the same apart from manifolds.

;)

Except mines a 12v :) - on purpose !

I heard too many stories about 24v head gaskets going, so I restricted my search to 500's and 300 12v's

Mark

Is that Dave Elcome bidding on this?

Me thinks you two are bidding against each other...

Last edited:
V12 said:
I can get hold of full workshop manuals for the 124.
HUGE beasts, dunno if that CD covers them all, if so, its a bargain, as each workshop manual is about £90 from mb and there are 3 for most cars!

I can get them for £40 a piece.;)

i'd like a set for my 220ce 1993,, please,,

COUPE FREAK said:
i'd like a set for my 220ce 1993,, please,,

Think youi will find that these are for the US market so only cover the 6 cyl engines.

The Brooklands book is South African, and seems to be the only one that covers the 2.0 and 2.2 M111 engines. It's well presented, and doesn't seem to lie. I use it in conjunction with the 124 Bible and the Haynes manual.You need all three to cover it all for a 220 or 200 in my opinion.

2 haynes manuals

The haynes w124 manual is good. :) If you want to cover the 2.2 litre petrol engine 111.961 its covered in the Haynes Mercedes C-class manual 3511. ;) The pirated American w124 two CD MANUAL is good also. :rolleyes: Should be available on EBAY UK or USA site. Dont pay more than about £10 + postage. As Dave says the only manual which definitely covers your specific model is the Brooklands manual so I guess if you want to buy just the one??????? thats it.

Attachments

• mercman.jpg
    mercman.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Dave Lewis said:
The Brooklands book is South African, and seems to be the only one that covers the 2.0 and 2.2 M111 engines. It's well presented, and doesn't seem to lie. I use it in conjunction with the 124 Bible and the Haynes manual.You need all three to cover it all for a 220 or 200 in my opinion.

dave,, where did you buy the brooklands book from,, does it only cover the engine or is it a bit like the haynes manual,, thanks,,

The Brooklands book covers the whole car, with line drawings instead of the photos used in the Haynes manual. It's a South African publication. It's got good wiring diagrams too. You can buy it online at http://www.brooklands-books.com/pages/mercwm.html - also I think Amazon do it, as do the Mercedes Benz Owners Assosiation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom