Bet the owner wished he had paid ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 149005
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Typical BBC bollox! Reality is, driver will go and collect the car, pay the storage costs and end up with a paltry fine and some points if he/she is really unlucky. Newsworthy......really?? May have even been insured, just a discrepancy on the database, wouldn't be the 1st time a driver has been stopped for no insurance and transpired they were. ;)

Nice car though :)

Perhaps they self-insure? Letter lodged with LLoyds, I wonder how that shows up on the database?

Reactions: 219
‘Special constables’

Enough said :wallbash:

Complete non-story .

No one would let someone drive that car without insurance .

Article doesn't cause me to doubt car was not shown as insured. Special or regular its not difficult to deal with..........No insurance can rightly result in seizure until costs paid.

Any penalty notice &./or court case a separate matter..........An absolute offence - so not much room for a not guilty plea. Might be NFA'd but only in unlikely event police deemed it not in public interest, ( perhaps if an admin mistake admitted wholly by intended insurer).

I had a trader offering free 7 day free drive away insurance. I asked to see copy of docs but he said he only said he had a trade policy & if I got stopped I could say I was working for him. I declined his kind offer & made sure I had my own cover in place before leaving his premises.

Easy to fall foul....letting a friend have a short drive without checking they have a comp policy that covers them 3rd party on the AM would be enough for 6 points for driver or technically points for owner for permitting.

Last edited:
In 2008 I bought a car with 7-day free cover.

It was a Norwich Union policy, cover was arranged by the dealer over the phone and confirmation faxed through before I drove off.

Not a bad deal for Norwich Union... they sent me a quote (which I guess is in part why they provide the free cover....), and it turned-out to be cheaper than my previous insurer, so I accepted it.

12 years later, I am still with them... they became Aviva at some point.

But there are various reasons why people can be caught out.

Not getting the renewal reminder, is one. Change of address, email, etc, and they missed it.

The driver thinking they are insured via their own policy is another - thete are T&Cs. The police can find out if you are insured to drive the car.

.“..due to the manner of the driving”.... Mmmm
More like .... look it’s an AM... let’s stop it to have a look inside ! 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom