Beutifull 1970 Mercedes-Benz 250CE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Black Roof not good :eek: :fail :ban:

The ad implies the black roof is original?

It isn't leather, it's MBtex :wallbash:

It would be so much nicer without the black roof.

given the choice nicer without the black roof but if that`s how it came originally . . .

either way a lovely car

I think the £14k estimate may prove to be optimistic.

Turns out we were both wrong, it went for £17,920

Guide was £12,000 - £16,000 so it sold well at nearly £2k over top estimate

Remember sale price includes buyers commission (about 20% normally) whereas the estimate never does. If 20% the hammer price was c£15k.

jaymanek said:
it looked very nice.. worth it id say.

I've always liked these, that black roof grew on me as well. Out of my price range as a justifiable classic and still rising. Shame.

Charles Morgan said:
Remember sale price includes buyers commission (about 20% normally) whereas the estimate never does. If 20% the hammer price was c£15k.

Good point Charles - following your thread with interest BTW

The hammer price was £16k.

The car was in very nice original condition but did need a little tidying up, the paint on the roof was peeling off also.

SG1 said:
The hammer price was £16k. The car was in very nice original condition but did need a little tidying up, the paint on the roof was peeling off also.

So the price on the website would have been with commission then? It doesn't seem long ago they were under £10k

The hammer price was £16k.

The car was in very nice original condition but did need a little tidying up, the paint on the roof was peeling off also.

You have to wonder why someone would pay that kind of money.

You could buy a prettier one privately for less and would have the chance to view it properly, ask questions and test drive it first.

The price is one thing, but it is the spread between what you pay and what the buyer receives that makes auctions so economically inefficient. Add in no consumer rights at all as well as what you mention Scott (you try proving active misrepresentation) and I wouldn't dream of buying cars from auction at all unless significantly below retail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom