beware 'repaired' potholes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coupe deville

Car
93 E320 coupe sportline facelift
happened upon 2 road workers repairing potholes, [shovel full of hot tarmac and a quick roll]. there was tar spilled on the road and the traffic couldn't avoid it. just spent 2 hours of a sunday afternoon cleaning up the mess. both sides splattered, nearside was worst. :mad: before and after

Attachments

• tar splashes 002.jpg
    tar splashes 002.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 271
  • tar splashes 004.jpg
    tar splashes 004.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 269
I know there is a lot to be done but many of the so called "repairs" are being bodged to the pointless.

There is a 90 degree bend near my house with some really quite dangerous potholes and ruts. "Repaired" last Wednesday, now as bad as before if not worse.

I know there is a lot to be done but many of the so called "repairs" are being bodged to the pointless.

There is a 90 degree bend near my house with some really quite dangerous potholes and ruts. "Repaired" last Wednesday, now as bad as before if not worse.

Totally agree. No quality control. No care. No pride. Slapdash.

Apart from the awful mess made to your car, these patching jobs will only make the pothole worse long term. Some terrible potholes out driving today, fortunately no tarmac sprays though!

i dont think the councils have any money to repair these potholes, in Cambridge there are still some at least 10cm deep in the middle of frequently used roads.... They only just last week fixed one of the main sliproads leading to a tescos which was almost undrivable for over a month :|

I saw some contractors sorting the road I drive to work on the other week, they used a whacker-plate to flatten the hot tar. Needless to say the road is as bad as ever. It is truly shocking what we pay £200/year to drive on :mad:

It is just as bad on motorways , had to pick my son up from Heathrow a couple of weeks back, the M25 is a terrible state , and with people trying to avoid the worst potholes is downright dangerous. Just where is all our road tax going, certainly very little is being spent on maintaining them, we are on our way to having some of the worst roads in Europe methinks, anyway my moan over!!!

Companies do not want to repair pot holes or other problems with roading because they want repeat business. If they fix it properly they don't get to do it again and charge again and again and again.....and again! )(*&^%$$^&*U and again and again.

Council's balls are too small to confront them with this........ They usually roll right over and come up with a brand new policy. The roads are fine for the correct rated speed!

W.

You really can't blame people for wanted to drive 4x4's when the roads are like this.

At least in the daytime you can avoid most of the worst potholes but driving at night is giving me ulcers.

my white car is covered in tar , im going to take it off when i won't run the risk of hypothermia sitting out on the driveway doing it. :(

Haven't seen a fixed pothole yet here in Bristol, but they do seem intent on disrupting every road in the city with major road works / gas installations etc. I have had 2 punctures over the weekend (and had to replace one of the tyres!)
Not happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom