BI-TURBO E63 engine noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seawise

Car
GLS 63 '17
quite a lot of valve/tappet noise when it's idling - is that normal for this engine ? can't hear it inside the car, just when you open the window or are standing outside. not a big deal, just wondered.

otherwise it's great - I swapped out of a 2013 C63 6.2 for this below and I am not feeling short changed at all !

I'm new to this car so someone may know otherwise

But yes mine is aswell it can be a noisy engine as far as I know

My dads c63 was silent

Yes it does sound like this at idle, almost diesel like. Sounds like a big truck engine when pulling away too...

Your car looks great as an estate in that colour.

Yes it does sound like this at idle, almost diesel like. Sounds like a big truck engine when pulling away too...

Your car looks great as an estate in that colour.

thanks Luke and Harry - good to know

yes I like Cavansite blue, my C63 was the same colour - my Cayman GT4 is dark blue metallic which is a similar shade.

thanks Luke and Harry - good to know

yes I like Cavansite blue, my C63 was the same colour - my Cayman GT4 is dark blue metallic which is a similar shade.
Lovely cars you have there

Just to agree with the others, nice car, nice colour.

Oh and yes, it does sound like a sewing machine on tickover, though nice anywhere above it.

As others have already said, they all have a gentle clatter from the top end on idle. You only hear it if you're outside the car, but it's even more clattery with the bonnet open! Nothing to worry about :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom