Bi-Xenon questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cbenz

Hi all,

Been hanging around the forum a while now and recently signed up. It seems very friendly and useful.

I'm considering buying a new w203 C Class Sports Coupe early 2004 and have a few questions re Bi-Xenons -

1) It's rumoured the Coupe wil have clear halogens next year. Would these look the same as the Bi-Xenons when off or is it just the Bi-Xens that have that 'sparkle' when not on? Presumably those with new E's could help out here as I believe they are available with clear halos or Xens?

2) I'd be having the Comfort Pack (folding mirrors, headlamp wash etc - £430 approx) so could have the Bi-Xens for another £500 on top. How important would they be to resale in coming years?

3) Are Bi-Xens worth having?

4) Some pople say they flicker - is this correct?

5) Often blinded by people with bright headlamps - are these most likely to be after market HIDs or people with brighter bulbs? I really don't want to be flashed everyday by annoyed drivers if I get the Bi-Xens, any of u ever get flashed?

6) What happens if a stone breaks the Bi-Xens - are they much more expensive to replace or can you just buy the headlamp cover?

7) Are headlamp covers available for the C Sport Coupe (the type you clip on)?

Thanks for your help guys. :cool:

I'm sure other forums members will answer ur questions but
I'm aware that the C Class is having a facelift 2004 not sure if it applies to coupe.

Xenons don't add value at resale just like other extras. You may get a fraction back but it will be very small. From what I've been advised leather, automatic, mettalic paint are some options worth considering for resale and obvioulsy correct color. silver, black and tealite blue..and other.colors associated with Mercs. If was buying a Merc I wouldn't even look at any golden/beige/purple etc know what i mean....

Hi,

see comments below.
Hi all,

Been hanging around the forum a while now and recently signed up. It seems very friendly and useful.
Thank you!
I'm considering buying a new w203 C Class Sports Coupe early 2004 and have a few questions re Bi-Xenons -

1) It's rumoured the Coupe wil have clear halogens next year. Would these look the same as the Bi-Xenons when off or is it just the Bi-Xens that have that 'sparkle' when not on? Presumably those with new E's could help out here as I believe they are available with clear halos or Xens?
Yep the E Class has clear lenses whether you have Xenons or not, I don't think you can tell the difference. Well other than if you can see the bulbs on the regular lights which you can't on the xenons.
2) I'd be having the Comfort Pack (folding mirrors, headlamp wash etc - £430 approx) so could have the Bi-Xens for another £500 on top. How important would they be to resale in coming years?
I don't think they will make any difference to the resale value, leather, auto box, colour etc will be more important.
3) Are Bi-Xens worth having?
Well I think they are great and wouldn't want to be without them, they make such a difference to night driving on a dark road.
4) Some pople say they flicker - is this correct?
Nope, mine never flicker.
5) Often blinded by people with bright headlamps - are these most likely to be after market HIDs or people with brighter bulbs? I really don't want to be flashed everyday by annoyed drivers if I get the Bi-Xens, any of u ever get flashed?
No I've never been flashed. By law Xenon's have to have automatic headlight levelling fitted so if you have passengers in the back (the normal cause of dazzling) they will auto adjust.
6) What happens if a stone breaks the Bi-Xens - are they much more expensive to replace or can you just buy the headlamp cover?
I don't know but you can normally buy the Xenon bulbs separately.

Last edited:
Again wlcome to the Forum.

Just to say I read the post, I agree with Richard about Xenons.

Well worth the money, look at all the members here trying to fit them to their older cars to see that they rate them too.:bannana: :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom