Bi-Xenons adjustment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercy1

Car
It's a car - just a car!
Hi all, I'm a newbie to the Forum but have been Merc driver for the past four years. Just changed my ML for a C350 CDI sports estate and love it. My only concern is that my Bi-Xenons seem too high - at least I seem to be getting flashed a lot, and my feeling is that the beam is a bit high. Has anyone else had this problem. Any solution? Thanks.

You should first check if the lights really are aimed too high (or have it checked). Aiming can be fixed with Star diagnosis.

Thank you Diesel Benz for quick reply. The reason I say they are too high is because on a really black night I can see the precise outline of the beam. On the near side, the beam is higher and no problem with that. The shape of the beam then drops lower on the offside but it is quite clear that if a car was coming towards me then the beam line is high enough to hit the top of his bonnet or windscreen. In any event, I have never been flashed so much since I have had this car and it never happened on the ML (Also B-Xenons).

Get the aim checked on the same kit used in MoTs. That will set the correct physical level. Then get the car on STAR and check the auto-leveling has the zero point correctly set. STAR will flag if the ARB sensors are out of whack, happens sometimes with a hard knock

My lights also High/How to adjust for abroad?

Get the aim checked on the same kit used in MoTs. That will set the correct physical level. Then get the car on STAR and check the auto-leveling has the zero point correctly set. STAR will flag if the ARB sensors are out of whack, happens sometimes with a hard knock

My lights are also rather high and Im concerned when Im in Europe obviously as the nearside is then way to high. How do you check the auto-self leveling and how do you adjust it?
Many thanks Jon.

PS. Ive never been so happy with a car as this one its brilliant....

jp - I might be able to help you there. For the first few weeks of my life with the ML, there was a disturbing "black hole" in the light beam on the nearside. When I mentioned this to the dealer, he said the lights had been set for Continental use. His mechanic opened the bonnet and flicked a switch behind each light which changed them for UK use. Problem totally sorted. Presumably this may be possible with your car...

jp - His mechanic opened the bonnet and flicked a switch behind each light which changed them for UK use. Problem totally sorted. Presumably this may be possible with your car...

It is....just had mine done in preparation for a trip to Germany at Christmas

just to say that bi-xenons can be adjusted, up or down. sorry, i wasn't aware. dealer mechanic did the necessary in a few minutes, so i'm hopeful my upcoming night rides will be less "flashy"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom