Bicycle rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Screenshot_20210619-222644_Gallery.jpg

No never crossed over into mtb, not my thing, but Carlton Bank I can see from my bedroom window 😁

Shorter Rochford’s a famous roadie shop as well isn’t it? I tried cycling under some of those no cycling bars. Didn’t end well, chipped tooth and massive egg on my head! Do kids still get eggs on their heads These days? I always seemed to be getting stitches as well. on my 10th birthday (1982) we were doing bunny hops in the garden at my party and I slipped and my bear trap pedal took a massive chunk out of my shin. 9 stitches, still have a nice scar! happy dayz!
Shorters was a very famous shop. The Finchley store has closed but their Potters Bar shop is still open.
I have a few British road bikes (Dolans and Starleys) and I’m always on the look-out for a decent Shorter.

No, I was to young for that, my mates still ride dirt jumps with Geth Shooter...he's still got it.
Yep as long as you keep on riding. I rode BMX up until around 2000. Last bike i had was an S&M Holmes. What a machine that was.

Best of luck when you start racing again. Riders Ready, Watch the lights!

Shorters was a very famous shop. The Finchley store has closed but their Potters Bar shop is still open.
I have a few British road bikes (Dolans and Starleys) and I’m always on the look-out for a decent Shorter.
I’ve got a Condor, they’ve a decent history, over in Holborn. There’s always too many nice bikes to covet! I started getting more interested in the older stuff as well. I did L’eroica last time in Bakewell. Was also entered for the South Africa one then my wife got the Aussie flu! Modifying gearing on an old bike (1982 Gazelle in my case) opens a whole can of worms of compatibility! Especially my wife’s bike, it’s a weird custom French Mixte from the 1970’s. They used some weird threads. I ended up doing all kinds of crazy dremel action and re-tapping to make it more useable!

I’ve got a Condor, they’ve a decent history, over in Holborn. There’s always too many nice bikes to covet! I started getting more interested in the older stuff as well. I did L’eroica last time in Bakewell. Was also entered for the South Africa one then my wife got the Aussie flu! Modifying gearing on an old bike (1982 Gazelle in my case) opens a whole can of worms of compatibility! Especially my wife’s bike, it’s a weird custom French Mixte from the 1970’s. They used some weird threads. I ended up doing all kinds of crazy dremel action and re-tapping to make it more useable!
Condor are still the on the Grays Inn Road. I pop in their when I get a puncture. Which is too often.

Oh you know about fixies. Jolly Good. Do you ride one?

I thought knighterrant may not and would be surprised to learn some cyclists ride without brakes.
I had a cheap one about 60 years ago that I usually road to school. It was best for the job in all weathers and I felt it gave me better control in London’s traffic. It had a front brake but I rarely had need to use it. My Claud Butler racing bike was too valuable to me to leave in the school bike shed all day.

20210620_101625.jpgScreenshot_20210620-101739_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210620-101752_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210620-101804_Gallery.jpg

This is a very small group compared to most, but you get idea of the kind of roads and conditions

But the real reason is so that she could get the drivers perspective of road width and view.

So today I've twice had two cyclists come round a blind corner on my side of the road!
Both of them riding 2 abreast.

Both of them panicked and had to move quickly out of my way, fortunately I was only travelling slow due to the conditions, fortunately they were pathetic cyclists going that slow we had time to avoid a head on collosion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom