Big Brake upgrades from Rebellion Automotive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PhilDR

Car
C63 AMG Coupe
Hi Guys, just another product we have been developing over the last two years.

Our line of 'Wortec' Forged Brake upgrade kits....

These kits consist of 7000ton Cold Forged Calipers in sizes of 6, 8 and 12 piston and 2piece Vented and drilled Rotors of 336, 345, 360, 388 or 410mm. We also produce our own range of brake compounds for our pads with 6 variations.

All kits offer massive performance increase in stopping and resistance to fade and excellent unsprung weight advantage.

Kits can be customised to owners requirements including Caliper, rotor, race or road pistons, pad compounds an so on.

We have undergone testing at the Nurburgring on our German dealers 800bhp Camaro as well as a Recent feature on a 546bhp Track spec Mk2RS Focus...versatility is key :thumb:

Last edited:
What Mercedes have you fitted these to? And how do they compare to say the oem AMG. When you say you have been developing, why on other Marques and not Mercedes?

Wow! Beautiful looking bit of kit :thumb:

If one wanted to fit it to a road car what paperwork would be required to appease one's insurer? Independent engineer's report? Or would it be as simple as passing the MoT brake test?

Wow! Beautiful looking bit of kit :thumb:

If one wanted to fit it to a road car what paperwork would be required to appease one's insurer? Independent engineer's report? Or would it be as simple as passing the MoT brake test?

Passing an MOT brake test is all that is required in the UK.....you might break the testers rollers though :D

Everytime we apply a kit to a new model (not previously fitted) we bring the car in for measuring and 3D design work to ensure perfect fitment without the need for shims or spacers etc.

All brackets and stainless lines and fittings bolt to OEM positioning on Hub etc.

Insurance is like any other mod....they just need to be told you have upgraded.

What is the weight of the rotors/calipers, compared to the MB AMG (steel) rotors?

What Mercedes have you fitted these to? And how do they compare to say the oem AMG. When you say you have been developing, why on other Marques and not Mercedes?

Simple reason we have developed on other marques is that we are not a Mercedes specific tuner....we work with GM, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari and many more... It just so happens that our test vehicles were Camaro, M3 V8 and Supercharged G8....

For a start OEM AMG brakes are one sided (so basically one side of the car the venting goes backwards!)

These kits are lighter giving a big advantage to unsprung mass.

They allow for custom setup to suit clients need.

The frictional area is designed to work more efficiently as it uses a longer pad further from the centre of the hub.

Cooling ducts and machining reduce fade and allow for continual use in 'anger'

AMG brakes are anything hugely special....they are off the shelf cast items that brembo produce for everything from Merc to BMW to Vauxhall.

That said the stock brakes are perfectly adequate for most normal use. But as with all mods we are offering the next step in braking performance for some of the more track focused or powerful cars...or those who simply want to upgrade..

I dont think as yet we have compared to a MB set up but I know Phil has done a comparison with some Brembo's from a Porsche I believe. I will have to do a measure up on some scales comparing them to a MB disc.

Yes we need to do some comparisons....

However I will post up some pics later of a comparison with DBA performance 360mm vs our 360mm

There was a saving of approx 2kg per corner.

Caliper wise our Caliper weight is circa 3.5kg for 6pot or 2.8kg for our 'sport' edition...

For a basic set up,6 piston kit what we are looking price wise
-mercedes s500 year 2005
-chrysler 300c CRD year 2007
Just to have an idea,thanx

For a basic set up,6 piston kit what we are looking price wise
-mercedes s500 year 2005
-chrysler 300c CRD year 2007
Just to have an idea,thanx

Pricing is dependant on kit not vehicle.....

So a 360mm rotor 6piston Caliper, pads, stainless lines is £1780 + VAT

Obviously prices go down with smaller rotors and up with bigger.

Simple reason we have developed on other marques is that we are not a Mercedes specific tuner....we work with GM, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari and many more... It just so happens that our test vehicles were Camaro, M3 V8 and Supercharged G8....

For a start OEM AMG brakes are one sided (so basically one side of the car the venting goes backwards!)

These kits are lighter giving a big advantage to unsprung mass.

They allow for custom setup to suit clients need.

The frictional area is designed to work more efficiently as it uses a longer pad further from the centre of the hub.

Cooling ducts and machining reduce fade and allow for continual use in 'anger'

AMG brakes are anything hugely special....they are off the shelf cast items that brembo produce for everything from Merc to BMW to Vauxhall.

That said the stock brakes are perfectly adequate for most normal use. But as with all mods we are offering the next step in braking performance for some of the more track focused or powerful cars...or those who simply want to upgrade..

Problem is Phil pretty much every car on the road uses sided disks, with a few exceptions, like some of the BMW use L & R handed disks and normally at a premium, but without a comparison can't see how they can be better than what we have already, every car is diffrent, some heavier, some braking system working with electronic control, manufactures spend millions in R&D for this reason, what works great on one car does not mean it will work on another that's all. I personally think the AMG brakes work well and saying they are nothing special I would have to disagree, when you compare to other manafacturers I don't know any others that have, what we have, and must be one of the largest calipers on the market. Yes if I could have the composite disk at a reasonable price then I would have them but more for appearance, but changing a complete braking system because its works on a different car, certainly not for me I am afraid.

There are many advantages to having these brakes.

1. They are lighter so they take less effort to accelerate and decelerate.
2, The rotors are heat treated so NEVER warp. (A Very common issue with standard MB discs when pushed to the limit)
3. In some instances ther are cheaper to replace than standard discs (SL65 £706 each plus vat for discs)

The AMG brakes do work well. This kit gives better options if you wish to improve on what you have.

Look lets not get precious about this.....

I have clearly stated as has Olly....AMG brakes do a perfectly reasonable job for most people...

The same as a 457bhp motor does.....

But some people want to upgrade....!

This is simply a route for those people to follow the same as our exhaust system is an upgrade option! Some people will prefer to keep stock some will want to upgrade..

Would there be a rear axle version available?

Would there be a rear axle version available?

Yes we do produce rear setups aswell... although some vehicles it is difficult owing to handbrake arrangements..

We will be offering discounts on owners willing to assist with development ie providing their cars for measuring etc if we dont already hold data..

Yes we do produce rear setups aswell... although some vehicles it is difficult owing to handbrake arrangements..

We will be offering discounts on owners willing to assist with development ie providing their cars for measuring etc if we dont already hold data..

I guess that would include the MB as the "hand-brake" drum is part of the rear disc?

I guess that would include the MB as the "hand-brake" drum is part of the rear disc?

Actually probably easier as we can cast a bell center for the rear or machine from an OEM disc...

This is what we do for the new camaro for example.

I will put up a pic later..

Some cars where the handbrake is part of the existing caliper are more problematic as they have to have a twin caliper setup to retain the handbrake..

Look lets not get precious about this.....

I have clearly stated as has Olly....AMG brakes do a perfectly reasonable job for most people...

The same as a 457bhp motor does.....

But some people want to upgrade....!

This is simply a route for those people to follow the same as our exhaust system is an upgrade option! Some people will prefer to keep stock some will want to upgrade..

It's simply not the case, it's called an opinion, until you fit a set to a Mercedes and prove the benefits then its simply cannot be classed as an upgrade, we are on a public forum, you have your opinion and I have mine, I could go into various reasons but see little point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom