Big Brother watching over you may be your friend

Ted

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLC 250D AMG Line, Yamaha XVS 1100, Jeep Renegade
Iphone can do similar.
You can track it, lock it, wipe it, send a message, and even take a photo remotely.

HR17

Car
A Merc.
Love this - its a deterrent, means of recovery and humiliating punishment all rolled into one. When they develop an explosive version for instant execution, I'll switch to Mac.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
There are a number of PC apps that do this too. The better ones are embedded into the bios so cannnot be removed such as computrace or similar.

There are lots of free apps that do similar for pc's, androids etc etc.

Meldrew2

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mine: BMW 420d M-Sport+ Cabrio & BMW X4 2.0d M-Sport Hers: BMW X1 2.0d M-Sport (sorry, guys)
Love this - its a deterrent, means of recovery and humiliating punishment all rolled into one. When they develop an explosive version for instant execution, I'll switch to Mac.

I thought that Sony had the explosive version already... oh wait, that was just the batteries............

How about a touch screen with fingerprint recognition... and a built-in Taser for "unauthorised users"

.:devil:

E CLASS

Soon we'll all be controlled and tracked by the government (yes even more than we are already!)

Its what everything points towards and is leading too.

We are fricking doomed.

m2287

MB Enthusiast
Car
Bentley Continental GT
not good if you are genuinely buying a second hand computer...with this stuff on, some weirdo could be watching you!!!!!

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
He'd have to be a very sick weirdo to want to watch me.

Oh.....:eek:

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
This is an app which on the face of it sounds very interesting, but it will not be long before we hear stories of people being spied upon by unsavoury characters and/or the authorities.

As someone has already said, this would make you fearful of buying a second hand Mac. Imagine employers supplying employees with computers for working at home ...the mind boggles. The sale of elastoplast to cover the camera will spike.
I mean, I don't always put a tie on when using my laptop!!!:)

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
Iphone can do similar.
You can track it, lock it, wipe it, send a message, and even take a photo remotely.
Friend of mine was bragging about his new BlackBerry having this remote 'nuke' feature. He ended up losing it. Called the operator immediately to block the simcard, then tried to 'nuke' it to delete the data from the phone... only to find-out that you have to 'nuke' it before you cancel the simcard :doh:

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
A school in the US used the onboard cameras of supplied laptops to spy on the students to make sure they were studying.

You can imagine how wrong that went!

Spycam school to pay damages for kiddie snaps

Links to all the previous articles about this are at the bottom of the linked page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom