Big Clean DONE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moff

Car
C63 AMG Coupe
So after only 1800 miles my car was covered in tar spots :wallbash: so I decided it was a good opportunity to invest in some new products and crack on with a 'big clean'.

Some of the new products I bought were:
- Tardis for tar removal
- Gtechniq - C5 Alloy Wheel Armour
- Gtechniq - Zero Scratch Microfibre Drying Towel (using instead of chammy)

So the process for cleaning was:

1. Jet wash crap off
2. Full wash with Meguiars Gold Class using bucket with grit guard and two lambswool mitts, one for body other for wheels
3. Dry car with drying towel
4. Lightly sprayed tardis over affected areas and then cleaned with MF towel
5. Completed steps 2 and 3 again
6. Applied C5 Alloy Wheel Armour and left in sun to 'bake on'
7. Applied Poorboys EX-P sealent to body work and left to dry (30 mins)
8. Using MF towel buffed wheels to a nice shine
9. Applied Migliore Bella Lustra Tyre Glaze which I love as it isn't too glossy
10. Using MF towel removed EX-P sealent for a great shine
11. Applied a layer of Dodo Juice Light Fantastic to the bodywork, plastics and glass roof then buffed off with an MF towel
12. Cleaned the interior plastics with Meguiars Interior Detailer
13. Polished the windows with Meguiars NXT glass cleaner
14. Gave the seats a wipe with with Zymol leather cleaner
15. Finished with using Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer across the bodywork to remove any missed spots of wax and give a really good finish
16. Gave the engine bay a quick wipe down

There were a few more things I could have done e.g. polished exhaust (only did it a week ago) and waxed the the leather (doesn't really need it) and it needs a quick hoover.

Overall I was completely knackered and it was part undone when I drove through a near sand storm going to the parents yesterday so now needs a wash after sand then rain gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Key comments - Tardis is AMAZING, can't believe I used to clay the whole car to get it off previously.

It's hard to judge the C5 on the wheels as the car is so new, but they are nice and sparkly so will hopefully stay that way.

Not checked how well water is beading until I wash it again today or Wednesday but hoping it will be great.

I love Dodo wax and the fact that it really enhances plastics and didn't smear on the pano sunroof. I may actually use RainX on the sunroof, but will see how this goes.

I think I prefer using the MF towel for drying, I had tried it before but think I must have had a naff towel last time.

A few pics, not that you can really tell on a white new car, but the paint feels smooth as glass and looks awesome in the sun!

Thanks to Detailed and others for some tips on products :thumb:

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3226.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3222.jpg

Well done bud, glad your enjoying the car! Quick tip:

-you don't need to dry the car before applying tardis. Just wash the car, spray your tardis and wipe with a damp microfibre onto wet bodywork. Then just wash and rinse the effected area's and dry the car then:)

Keep up the good work:)

Well done bud, glad your enjoying the car! Quick tip:

-you don't need to dry the car before applying tardis. Just wash the car, spray your tardis and wipe with a damp microfibre onto wet bodywork. Then just wash and rinse the effected area's and dry the car then:)

Keep up the good work:)

Thanks for the tip :thumb:

That would be a much faster method :D

Superb!

Well done! A blink of sunshine and we are all out polishing again :) I redid mine yesterday and used Gtechniq C2 :)

Nice work mate looks awesome very glossy! You'll notice the C5 when you spray water on the rims it will just run off along with the brake dust/dirt amazing product.

Very nice!

Washed my car for the first time yesterday after the 'Big Clean' and I can confirm that the beading is amazing on the bodywork, panoramic sunroof and the wheels - a top result!!

Looks great, the time spent is worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom