Big day today ! Quaife day !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevebgt1

Car
Audi R8 V10 Plus . MRC Tuned 655BHP Larini Exhaust.
Well, dropped my C63 off this morning to have the Quaife LSD fitted. Perfect day for it, lots of rain and sleet around up here !
Should be collecting it tonight/tomorrow morning !
I will of course be in touch real soon to let you know my thoughts .....:thumb:

Awesome mate having mine fitted on the 15th

You'll hopefully enjoy it.

Still the best thing I did with mine, makes it so much more planted and you'll probably see a lot less of the traction light. :D

Just collected the car this morning. First thoughts :

No noticeable noise difference J

Rear End does feel a little firmer ( not sure if that is psychological or not) ?

Acceleration in a straight line in the wet, much better !

Slow turns out of junctions, much better, still a little spin but I put that down to weather and tyres, but definitely improved.

So, after 9 miles, I can see where the money has gone .

Just waiting for a dry day now, so I can push harder and see some other differences...

I will keep you posted.

There should not be any noise.

Can try it coming out of junc in the wet. TC light may come on but onli for a flicker. U will find that it holds better on the turn.

Enjoy!

What's your latest thoughts after a few days use ?

Mine didn't do much good coming round a greasy roundabout earlier. Very nearly lost it today :(

Mine didn't do much good coming round a greasy roundabout earlier. Very nearly lost it today :(

Greasy u said.... no amount of traction or limited slip differential will help with that.... just got to be a bit careful dude...

Mine was like this once... coming off a roundabout at 30 mph.. felt the heart skip a few beats...

What's your latest thoughts after a few days use ?
Chucked it through a hedge backwards at 60 mph on Saturday !

Only kidding !

Yeah , had a couple of dry runs over the weekend , big improvement ., it just hooks up better either on the straight or through turns !? Gives you more confidence to use the throttle a bit harder .,obv if its wet , you can still have grip issues , bur thats something else . Great upgrade , value for money , transformed the car for me !

Great news one week to go for me.

Good man !! Let us know your thoughts ? Are you going to Birds ?

Glad you like it - my 507 came with the factory diff so I couldn't really compare

Glad you like it - my 507 came with the factory diff so I couldn't really compare
Fair play bud.
I guess they give the same results in terms of driving use, just operate differently....

Have you had another High output RWD car before without and LSD ?

Can't believe you've modded it already! :)

Are you not worried about your warranty?

I'm going to wait and get some more dry day driving under my belt in the better weather, before contemplating the diff.

What the warranty issue? Ok so Merc won't warranty the diff but birds will so it's a no brainier.
If your dealer says changing the diff will invalidate your cars warranty then change dealer.

What the warranty issue? Ok so Merc won't warranty the diff but birds will so it's a no brainier.
If your dealer says changing the diff will invalidate your cars warranty then change dealer.

Correct.
Lifetime warranty on the Quaife, so MB have nowt to do with it.

If an output shaft fails/leaks, and you think it`s diff related, just pop the oem one back in and take to main dealer.

The chances of that happening are the same as if you had a factory diff fitted, so...........

Don't get me wrong, I agree with your sentiments about the component itself, etc etc.

Having dealt with two separate dealers over warranty issues for simple OEM items recently, I cannot begin to imagine dealing with them if an aftermarket component was fitted. I'm sure their pea brains will explode.

As I say, I agree with the sentiments and principles... I just disagree that it will be a simple job to resolve, should the need arise.

P.S. I still want a diff fitted in mine :D:rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom