Big day tomorrow , 1965 Mustang !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
Tomorrow I am going to Southampton, with an old friend, dressed as jake and Elwood form the blues brothers, to collect a 1965 Mustang V8 coupe from the port.

Keep your fingers crossed that it is the car pictured in the eBay ad I saw 7 weeks ago; that it really is road worthy; that it stays dry and we make the 130 miles home.

Pictures to follow

Marc

I did something similar, only at liverpool docks, and some tens of years ago, in our naivete we had never factored in the size of the import duty....sad train ride home in the rain..

good luck!

Count the swivel heads on the way home...very nice.:thumb:

Lovely looking car! I've always wanted one but never had the balls to take the plunge! Mate had a '72 Mach 1 that I drooled over for years!!

Enjoy and I hope it goes well for you!

If you are going past J29 M6 - bob in for a brew on the way back. Ill hear you coming!! :)

One from my buddys collection. Sold it a couple of years ago.

Where is it now?

Pop past the workshop with it. I would love to see it.

Looks a beauty! :cool: How soon before you put a 4 barrel on her?;)
If you havn't got this book yet I would recommend it.
Mustang Recognition Guide 1965-1973: Amazon.co.uk: Larry Dobbs, Rick Kopec, Jerry Heasley, Donald Farr: Books
ps I believe there's a new edition out in the states now.

513S0FT7FWL.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice.
Hard to beat 60's American muscle IMHO

A fantastic day!

Collected the car direct from the port in Southampton dressed suitably as Blue Brothers. Lots of attention and photo taking by the port staff - they don't see this alot apparently ;)

Lots of attention on A34 and photo shoot and the petrol station.

Great trip back to Oxford in time for the pre-booked MOT.

Here are some pictures

and safely tucked up for the night :

Took her for an MOT, and as expected I need new headlights with correct lenses - but just one other fail point - washer jets for the screen - there are none - and thats it ! Amazing for a 50 year odl car bought unseen from the US.

Really chuffed.:cool:

(And relieved) :rolleyes:

have you had to pay an import, VAT, car or other tax?

have you had to pay an import, VAT, car or other tax?

No road tax. Import duty and VAT just 5% of purchase price. A little while back it would have been 30% but they changed the rules for cars of a certain age....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom