Big Formula One event in Central London Weds 12th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeInWimbledon

MB Enthusiast
Car
(Ex S211 E500, W212 E500, C216, S212 E500, W211 E500 5.5, W221 S500, S211 E500, SL500, S500, E55)
f1-live-london-1.jpg

Big hootenany going on in the West End on Wednesday evening. Worth a look:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...announces-f1-live-in-the-heart-of-london.html

Awwww. I'd love that. I missed out a few years ago when JB buzzed around Deansgate, Manchester in his McLaren.

If Silverstone can't make a deal, it may end-up that the F1 cars are in London every year... although I can't see that happening.

Ahead of the British GP, in the Capital, and Lewis (leading British Driver) is not going to be there according to Sky F1 as he is having a couple of days off. The fans give him so much support, give them a bit back Lewis.

If you can't make it to London, there is a 3 hour live broadcast on SkyF1 from 6pm

The 2011 RB7 sounded good with it's V8 :thumb:

A lot of noise going on at the moment by some girls called little mix or something...would rather hear the cars!

I so wish I could have attended. My daughter would have loved it all.

Not impressed that Lewis chose not to attend. He really can be a d!ck sometimes.

Yes. Agreed Jay. Unless it's a genuine reason or maybe he's far too cool for such things.

However, I do think his employers should have insisted he attend.

Yes. Agreed Jay. Unless it's a genuine reason or maybe he's far too cool for such things.

However, I do think his employers should have insisted he attend.

I think he has gone against team instructions/ignored their request. :doh:

He is an outstanding driver, but sometimes his choices make it easy for people to criticise him.

With races 1 week apart, organising an event mid week and then expecting drivers to attend is not realistic. I'd rather he did what ever is necessary to win the next race.

With races 1 week apart, organising an event mid week and then expecting drivers to attend is not realistic. I'd rather he did what ever is necessary to win the next race.

Understood. However, 19 other drivers were there to promote their sport. Unfortunately for them it's all part and parcel of being a modern day F1 driver. No excuse at all IMO. :fail

Even Kimi (can't be ar*ed) Raikkonen made the effort.

(btw. Big Lewis fan here so don't jump down my throat)

I'd rather Lewis clear his head after the team letting him down twice in a row so he's able to come back positive for the weekend's race. Everyone can see him there.

With the support Seb got from the crowd (surprisingly), I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some boos on Sunday if he gets on the podium

i was there today, with the spanish royals in town too, there were lots of police around.

Well hacked off about missing this. I've been away and didn't know it was on and today I've been working by Oxford Circus....a 5 minute walk away.

I finished at 2pm as well!!

Well hacked off about missing this. I've been away and didn't know it was on and today I've been working by Oxford Circus....a 5 minute walk away.

I finished at 2pm as well!!

Don't worry, last time they did an F1 display in London the crowds were 50 deep and you had to climb up a lamp post to see anything.

moonloops said:
Don't worry, last time they did an F1 display in London the crowds were 50 deep and you had to climb up a lamp post to see anything.
Thanks. I feel better for that now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom