Big front brake conversion - are what pads are they !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lipsylee

Car
C32 AMG GONE :( -NOW CLK320
Hello hopefully somone on here can help me , I have some big brakes on my merc Clk apparently there from Euro car parts and cost £2600 !

Anyway the front pads are in desperate need of changing so I took the pad off and drew round it .
I can't see any numbers etc .

I have left this with somone from Euros but he's not getting back to me !

I will upload some pics and maybe somone can help on here ,
I want ceramics so need to find out the part number of even better the ceramics that will fit .

Cheers lee

Attachments

• IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 33
If it's an ATE big brake kit, you'll probably need to approach ATE themselves.

Reading around the kits seem to be pretty rare, and none of the usual suspects do their own pads for them.

Last edited:
If you contact Ian at Carbotech he will be able to make you pads!
He will most probably have them ready to post next day delivery but if not can make you a set if you give him the pad details or failing that if you post your old ones to him he'l make them up off that.
He supplies loads of motorsport pads along with road cars etc and has saved a few people i know ££££ by making pads for ceramic brake kits for the likes of Aston Martin etc where the likes of Eurocar parts dont have parts listed..

heres his contact page

Carbotech Europe Ltd

cheers Jamie

Yes, I've heard that Carbotech can make new pads from the old backing plates too.

Carbotech made pads for my Brabus brakes, Brabus wanted £1400 all round, he did them for £520.

A very helpful company, I'd definitely use them again given the chance.

All sorted thanks everyone carbotech are making them and they are super rare brakes that he has only ever seen once from a man in Portugal

£180 including vat and delivery

Whoop whoop haha

Cheers lee

Ian's a top guy,
if he's only seen one set before then they must be rare as he is THE brake guru..

Did you go for the Bobcat compound or something more extreme?

cheers Jamie

I'm not sure what compound it was that was used to be honest but I went for the better ones .
I think they were the Street racer pro ones , he said it's the one under the track compound pad .

Lee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom