Big girl you are beautiful...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Where would the fun in life be if we wernt allowed to laugh at the fatties?

I really really tried my best not to comment on this thread....but I can't keep my opinion to myself on this one...

SOMETIMES people get fat coz they can't help it - coz they have something wrong with them/an illness/disability...sometimes it's coz they overeat...but do we have a right to poke fun at them.....? Hmmmm i'm not sure. I have been there (lost 8.5 stone 3 years ago) and I have to say - granted, i didn't ever look like the back end of a bus - but if someone had commented on my wedding shots when I was larger than 'normal' I'd have been mortified...

just my 2 cents worth for what it's worth.

I do however reserve the right to laugh at the twinkie wedding cake - that IS funny!!

The blurb says she's pregnant, some women do get a bit chubby when they're up the duff...

It also says they lost their virginity on their wedding night. ;)

The whole thing is a spoof...

I'd say maybe Hook, Line and sinker there...but maybe harpooned would be closer....

The guy on that forum didn't marry her but someone did :crazy:

Yeah, it IS a spoof, BUT those photos are obviously of someone's wedding....i feel sorry for them that their photos have been abused like that....that's just not kind.

And he says that he lost his virginity on their wedding night but then follows on to say she's pregnant which is why he was marrying her, so it's defo a spoof without doubt.

I am far from PC, but some things lack taste in my opinion!

SOMETIMES people get fat coz they can't help it - coz they have something wrong with them/an illness/disability...sometimes it's coz they overeat...but do we have a right to poke fun at them.....? Hmmmm i'm not sure. !

I really am no expert in body genetices so please take this as a genuine question not a mockery attempt.
I just want to know , genetically if you take an european or chinese guy to africa or asia and vice versa and they stay there doing nothing , genetically they would still be the same.

I just want to know, if you take a genetically overweight individual to Darfur / somalia after a year will they still be the same weight, considering there is no food to eat?
I am just asking, as since these disease came to light, there has been a surge in overweight people claiming sick benefits.
Thanks

Also i know there are glands like the pituitary gland that can cause gigantism. are ther any other similar overweight glands? or is it a case of malfunctioning thyroids. i do not mean diagnosed sicknesses or treaments that lead to body weight gain, like insulin, some fertility drugs/ contraception e.t.c i know about that

Last edited:
Hmm..
Energy in, energy out. There is nothing else in the equation. The issue may be what affects those two parameters.

I have also kept out of this, but for a very different reason.

The forum has rules and policies. If you find something distasteful it should be reported to the moderators/admin staff. I find the idea of people discussing something they find in bad taste as though thier opinion is the one to be heard, is the same as people thinking its amusing to laugh at unfortunate people.

We should not lower ourselves to having a discussion about how more right some people are, or how PC/growup/uptight or other such rightousness is the norm.

I can choose to find whatever I like funny, but I am failing to find the moral crusaders allowing some people to have a laugh, in anyway helpful.

I refer people to the thread I started on the Ex mrs McCartney, which generate some seriously dumb responses.

Please report the thread if you find it wrong, and allow those that run the forum, to decide. After all, if you don't like the topic, you don't have to read it, and if you don't like the decisions, you don't have to be a member.

or should we all be the same?

Scumbag.....I agree to a point - but....and this is where I believe your argument falls down somewhat....this is a discussion forum is it not??
Where's the forum without discussion?

Oh and for what its worth - I don't care particularly what other people laugh at - people laugh at different - glasses, ginger hair, buck teeth, weight...if any of you want to take the piss out of anyone else, who am I to argue - but I was pointing out, that sometimes there's two sides to every story...and i'm just entitled to have my opinion as the next man (or lady) ;) I wasn't saying any of you were wrong.....merely throwing in another point of view.

Last edited:
I really am no expert in body genetices so please take this as a genuine question not a mockery attempt.
I just want to know , genetically if you take an european or chinese guy to africa or asia and vice versa and they stay there doing nothing , genetically they would still be the same.

I just want to know, if you take a genetically overweight individual to Darfur / somalia after a year will they still be the same weight, considering there is no food to eat?
I am just asking, as since these disease came to light, there has been a surge in overweight people claiming sick benefits.
Thanks

Also i know there are glands like the pituitary gland that can cause gigantism. are there any other similar overweight glands? or is it a case of malfunctioning thyroids. i do not mean diagnosed sicknesses or treatments that lead to body weight gain, like insulin, some fertility drugs/ contraception e.t.c i know about that

Hi - I can't truly answer any of the above questions as I am not a scientist...but I do know that some people gain weight because of conditions they have - mine happened to be insulin based, and yeah, granted, stick me out in the african desert and I would probably end up stick thin - but that's not to say that the only reason I got to be 8.5 stone overweight was because I ate too much food all day every day.
My metabolism was deficient and meant that I could eat less than 1000 cals a day and GAIN weight!

So, my point was, SOMETIMES people who are larger than average are so because they have a health issue - and not because they are stupid and not because they sit eating doughnuts all day.

Ever heard of 'photoshop'? :|

Scumbag.....I agree to a point - but....and this is where I believe your argument falls down somewhat....this is a discussion forum is it not??
Where's the forum without discussion?

well its a Mercedes owners and enthusiast forum, so I guess the discussion should be about them, all though the off-topic section this is in does confer that this subject is fair game.

but lets not get out of shape, some people are not discussing it, they are suggesting that its wrong to post up this kind of subject for the amusement of others. That's not discussion. That's stating a position of morality and in some ways are imposing their standards and beliefs on the rest of the forum who may not share that view.

You can see the OP was amused by the link he posted. You can also see that others are not. They are not discussing the potential for people to marry generously proportioned visually challenged persons, they are stating its wrong to find it amusing to laugh at fat ugly women and we should not do that.

why? or indeed, why not?

some people are to pious for their own good.

if you find the thread offensive, or abusive you should report it, not lambast the members on it just because they don't happen to share your view point, or have the same humour responses, or have a different moral code to live by.

If the thread remains after its been reported, then clearly it falls within the admin/moderators guidelines for allowable material, and therefore those who still think it wrong, either should not continue to read it, or should leave the forum.

what some people find funny, others don't. thats just a fact of life. it doesn't make any person a bad person if they chose to laugh at some things which others find distasteful.

What gets me, is the speed at which some jump on the bandwagon however.

I have not stated my position in this thread regarding the content of the link, just making a point that we are all different and that what some find amusing others don't. End of. Most people complain about the PC brigade, and yet it gets its unfair share of supporters when this kind of thread comes along by people who think its unfair to get caught speeding by a safety camera!!

Just my opinion, but I do think it lowers the thread to an argument* about who is right and who is more right, and ends up with the thread being closed, and a new thread started about closing the old thread and who is even more right about that.

* Argument = two people trying to get the last word in first.

I am far from PC, but some things lack taste in my opinion!

The girl in the story would disagree about a cake of Twinkies...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom