Big man.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would like to put Hughsurry in the wild and hunt him down and make him suffer before the final kill

Generally I would reply to what I suspect as a criticism but, as you appear by your quote, to be criticising my decision to become a trained and certified competent person (which is what Hunter, or to give it's fully title Trained Hunter, means in the context it was used) do I presume you would rather an untrained person to do so? or are you saying that someone who controls numbers of animals, dispatches wounded animals, controls vermin or enjoys eating the most natural and humane of foods is someone who has made a mistake?

Maybe I should abdicate the moral responsibility of killing my food to another unknown third party, with no visibility of how those animals are reared and ultimately killed not to mention teaching children, by demonstration, that all my food comes wrapped in cellophane having been frozen and treated with hormones etc to extend its shelf life. Then, I could allow the numbers of rabbits, deer and foxes to grow to a point where they start to impact not only on your environment but on the well being of their species as a whole, or maybe you would prefer me to lie in my warm bed rather than come out to a deer you have hit in your car, which is now lying broken and bleeding it's last in the gutter, where you don't know how to dispatch it, and the police will call someone just like me?

Do tell, as I am truly interested.

That was all a bit dramatic wasn't it?
Which ever way you want to slice it, cecil was killed by a **** head with an ego that was a little bit smaller than his cheque book, and with what appears to be very little talent with a bow! are you saying that cecil didn't have the right to live till he died of natural causes? This is just another example of a **** with a bow like the twatess
with a gun that killed the giraffe.
I wouldn't have to call you out, I'm a 'trained' slaughterman & butcher but I kill animals humanely (demand and supply) and not for fun or because there may be a few too many of them!!
ps. by what you have said... can I conclude that you are a 'full time trained hunter'?

That was not abuse and stupidity. Simply the truth

The truth being that a person, unknown to you, stating an opinion on an internet forum and with which you disagree, causes you to enjoy (and boast about) the thought of murdering them?

I find that deeply disturbing.

Rob77 said:
The truth being that a person, unknown to you, stating an opinion on an internet forum and with which you disagree, causes you to enjoy (and boast about) the thought of murdering them? I find that deeply disturbing.

I doubt I am alone

I would like to put Hughsurry in the wild and hunt him down and make him suffer before the final kill

Whether or not someone disagrees with hunting, that post is pretty ****ed up and isn't ironic in any way...

Can admin please close this thread?

That was all a bit dramatic wasn't it?
Which ever way you want to slice it, cecil was killed by a **** head with an ego that was a little bit smaller than his cheque book, and with what appears to be very little talent with a bow! are you saying that cecil didn't have the right to live till he died of natural causes? This is just another example of a **** with a bow like the twatess
with a gun that killed the giraffe.
I wouldn't have to call you out, I'm a 'trained' slaughterman & butcher but I kill animals humanely (demand and supply) and not for fun or because there may be a few too many of them!!
ps. by what you have said... can I conclude that you are a 'full time trained hunter'?

No fella, as said in a previous post, no-one pays me for what I do. As also stated, I would no more kill a lion (or giraffe) than I would my own dog, nor do I collect trophies. Also, going back to my original post, the use of a bow of any description to kill any animal is as far removed from the correct method of humane dispatch as I can imagine, never mind how good a shot you are, and he obviously wasn't.

No fella, as said in a previous post, no-one pays me for what I do. As also stated, I would no more kill a lion (or giraffe) than I would my own dog, nor do I collect trophies. Also, going back to my original post, the use of a bow of any description to kill any animal is as far removed from the correct method of humane dispatch as I can imagine, never mind how good a shot you are, and he obviously wasn't.

I think it's time we agree to dis-agree or this could go on forever, you have your views and I have mine, I'm not a tree hugging earth child or anything but I really do find that hunting for sport (and paying to do it!) ie: big game etc: is so distasteful and so out of touch with the world we live in. If you choose to kill / cull wildlife in order to rebalance natures order then so be it but no-one is going to convince me hunting for sport is anywhere near socially or morally acceptable.

I think it's time we agree to dis-agree or this could go on forever, you have your views and I have mine, I'm not a tree hugging earth child or anything but I really do find that hunting for sport (and paying to do it!) ie: big game etc: is so distasteful and so out of touch with the world we live in. If you choose to kill / cull wildlife in order to rebalance natures order then so be it but no-one is going to convince me hunting for sport is anywhere near socially or morally acceptable.

Is fishing included in your definition of hunting for sport?

We all have opinions fella, and I am not looking to convert or to be converted, would be a boring place if we all thought the same.

And again, I agree with your views on Big Game hunting, and doubly so with a bow and arrow, which was my original point, way back when.

Is fishing included in your definition of hunting for sport?

Probably not. I get the impression that a creature has to look nice and furry to attract maximum empathy.

Why? If you don't like the thread stop reading it.

I suspect his concern was rather more connected with the murder threat than than a dislike per se.

I wonder if the Lion was named after Cecil Rhodes...??

I wonder if the Lion was named after Cecil Rhodes...??

It's believed that's the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom