BIG Thank you to member Aka$h

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e55

Car
W211 E55
I recently purchased some alloy wheels from a forum member called Aka$h who sells alloy wheels. He was very helpful and informative as I had quite a few questions to ask him before I made the purchase.

I was to pick up and pay for the wheels in the weekend and I wanted to put them on the car straight away. Aka$h was kind enough to recommend a very good local tyre shop that would be able to swap the tyres from my existing alloys to the new alloys and even booked the appointment for me and got me a very reasonable price.

After picking up the wheels I made my way there to get the tyres swapped over. We had problems with the valves on the TPMS sensor as they were worn and corroded and could not be removed without snapping them. Then when putting the new alloys back on the car we found out that the existing bolts I had were too long for the new alloys!!!

This was beginning to be a disaster!! I rung Aka$h to see what he could do for me. Within 30 mins he had rung two local MB dealerships looking for valves, bolts and lock nuts that fitted. He managed to find them and ordered them for me so I would just have to collect and pay for them.

Glad to say it all went well and I managed to pick up the parts and drive back to the tyre shop and get the new alloys on the car........... took 4.5hours in the end to get 4 tyres swapped from one set of alloys to another.

Thanks very much for your help to a fellow forum member and thanks for going that extra distance.

:thumb:

I'm glad it eventually got sorted Adrian, we now need photo's !!

We need pics! Akash is a nice guy, no hesitations to buy something from him...

I'm glad it eventually got sorted Adrian, we now need photo's !!

Photos will be coming but I have not had a chance to wash the car properly for months as its just been too cold.

Photos will be coming but I have not had a chance to wash the car properly for months as its just been too cold.

Too cold? It's only too cold when the water from the hose freezes when it hits the car!

Get out there and give it some love! :D

Too cold? It's only too cold when the water from the hose freezes when it hits the car!

Get out there and give it some love! :D

:thumb:

Another member here, who'd be happy to buy from aka$h (again).

Already purchased a set of wheels and couple of other 124 items from him.
The first time I met him, he invited me and we ended up having a chat for a couple of hours and he took me out in his E36 clone - the one he recently re-purchased :thumb:
As well as helpful and knowledgeable, he's bloody nice bloke to boot :)

Darren

Thanks for your feedback Adrian. It was unfortunate that your old wheels were not w211 wheels, I think they were probably W220\C215 wheels, hence the old bolts were too long. Im glad it all got sorted on the day, even though it took longer than it should have.

Thanks for the words of confidence chaps, Ive sold wheels to a few members on the forum, and Im always more than happy to help if I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom