Big thumbs up for Inchcape Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Animal Mother

Car
CLS 320 CDi, Audi S6, Disco 300tdi, Triumph Daytona
Got into the CLS after work today (3:50pm) and tried to start it up. The starter went mental and just kept going but the engine wouldn't take. I had to switch it off using the key.

Tried to start it again, this time it caught and started but the display flashed up ESP Error, ABS Error, Tyre sensor Error etc etc. The check engine light was now on. :crazy:

Turned it off again, this time I took the key out, got out, locked it up and tried the whole thing again. No problem, except the engine check light was still on.

Ok, now 4pm so I thought I'd better quickly go and get this sorted. Drove the 10 minutes from Bootle to Liverpool Centre and went into Inchcape.

The after sales guy was polite and was concerned that they may not have time to fully diagnose and sort the car out as all of the technicians were busy.

The car went in at 4:15pm. The aftersales guy kept me updated about every ten minutes.

4:50 pm, I drove out of Inchcape with a brand new crank position sensor fitted.:thumb::bannana:

Bloody fantastic in my opinion. Plus, I got to stroke the SLS they have there.:rock:

Nice to hear about a good experience from a dealer with an excellent result too.

Glad you are sorted.

It's a rarity isn't it.

A bad experience posted is usually followed up immediately by similar posts at either the same dealer or dealers elsewhere in the UK.
And "Its all gone quiet over there" So a rarity it must be, unless every one is watching the football.

Glad to hear of a good report.

I'll hopefully have one to give MB Glasgow if they fix the clunking box whilst its with them.

They could have easily fobbed me off and told me to book it in.

I don't think Black55 was being dismissive... you received the service one might expect from an MB dealer, and it is to the dealer's credit no doubt. However it is sad that good service from MB dealers in general is not very common. These views are not contradictory and in my view easily reconciled. If more dealers would do what they should be doing then we would all benefit.

Just to say... I have been in the service industry for many many years. What we teach managers is that providing good service does not cost more than providing bad service, in fact in many cases it is the other way around - a point that can easily be demonstrated. It is usually more to do with motivation, job satisfaction, and workplace ethos. Get these right, and you got the service right. Obviously, some businesses will simply not commit the resources required for providing good service - but most do, and in the case of MB dealers they doubtlessly do have the resources, so it is really only a matter of having the will.

As an example... some years ago I had an engine fault with a car (not MB) that was just one month out of warranty. The dealer insisted that it would not be covered by warranty, and refused point blank to even try contacting the manufacturer. I had the car repaired at my own cost, then wrote a polite letter to the manufacturer, who immediately agreed to refund 70% of the repair cost. This, in my view is bad service on the dealer's part resulting from low motivation and wrong company ethos, and has nothing to do with cost cutting.

To me that is just normal service and the way it should be.

I agree , but ever since MB got rid of the smaller dealerships that level customer service has disappeared..

I often get the impression that the staff talking to me have something else they would rather be doing than helping me.

Mobilo on the other hand! amazing customer service. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom