Big Thumbs Up - Hughes of Beaconsfield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Stanton

Just had a list of niggles and an MOT completed on my '04 W211 and I've got to say the whole experience was painless and pleasant thanks to Hughes and Service Plus. I'm loving MB!

New brake pads AND discs all round, two new rear coils, new wing mirror housing/wiring to fix intermittent fault, battery control unit adjusted and battery charged (issues with cold weather making electronic funtions iffy), heated seats checked over due to slow heat build up, a loan car for 2 days and an MOT

Everything sorted without fuss and a couple of updates from the service desk along the way (Jim Mckenzie to name names - very helpful and pretty much on first name terms these days).

To match the great service, this whole lot cost me - zip. My Service Plus contract is still running and absolutely everything was covered. Saved me approx £1500 apparently.

This is on top of two previous savings of £2000 (yep, that's £4k in total) for a new turbo, intercooler and fitting etc, e-class and s-class hire cars from mobilolife for 10 days, two services, 2 MOTs and other bit's it's been in for. It's due it's next service in a month and that'll be free too.

It costs me £80 a month, just short of £3k over the 3 year period, and I've saved an absolute fortune by taking this option - about £3k to date I think. Shame it's no longer available but I can understand why it's been withdrawn! I'll be gutted and broke when it expires next year.

So all in all, very happy with MB Main Dealers and thoroughly recommend Hughes of Beacosnfield. Again.

Thank god. It it normal to have these many issues with a W211 ?

Ian

I think the early W211's were a complex leap forward at a time of MB cost cutting and prone to various faults, but I presumed that meant the electronics, not the mechanicals.

No idea if I'm alone with this many issues. The car's only got 65k on the clock and has always been looked after (I've had it from new). I've had a few spirited drives but certainly nothing that would be considered destructive.

Maybe I've just been unlucky!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom