Big thumbs up to ebay seller of comand retrofitted last night!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

horsesuitedfool

Car
C63 AMG Saloon & GL550
Thought i would post this as might be useful for some to read.....I bought an APS Comand unit off ebay for £450 from a Lithuanian seller navi55 or similar.... Unit turned up yesterday so using some instructions from mercupgrades.com i fitted it last night. It took about 1 hour - 1 hour and half and all powered up very easily with only GPS antenna to be installed which i fitted behind the top centre vents just below the top of the dash. The unit powered up fine and everything works straight out of the box without the need of any coding at all, even the phone kit paired with my phone without any hassle on its own just as if i had not installed anything new.....:thumb::thumb::thumb: Best thing ive bought and the easiest to fit!!!

I too was confused! I found the W203 part number on the side of the unit within the list of part numbers on mercupgrades and it was listed as a W203 unit. But then Mark at Comand Ltd emailed to say the number on my unit is for the AGW inside the unit and that it should have another part number somewhere. So with all this confusion i checked witht the seller and he confirmed it was definitely correct for my car so i installed it last night and it was very easy and all works fine straight out of box.....

Cheers! It was very easy apart from some patience with the central vents required!! Actually the unit has one very tiny dead pixel right in the corner but the seller is posting me out another unit so no complaints at all......I would highly recommend the seller to anyone wanting comand for a good price....

I have not checked thoroughly but at first glance i think they do not work and you are correct i need to get that part done using Star. I am having the auto fold mirrors, uk deletion, tyre pressure and turn lights done soon so will have the cluster coded then.....

I used the same seller for a unit for the wife's Golf - no problems at all (similarly I also placed the GPS high up behind the vents!).

24% of the factory option price....(and no coding as the car was already set up for the higher multi-fuction display).

Are they stolen ?

How can they be so cheap ?

I didnt ask him that so couldnt comment but he is in Lithuania so prob buys them for peanuts and sells for UK prices, albeit cheep ones...

I have not checked thoroughly but at first glance i think they do not work and you are correct i need to get that part done using Star. I am having the auto fold mirrors, uk deletion, tyre pressure and turn lights done soon so will have the cluster coded then.....

Tyre pressure? Do all 209's have this as standard and just need enabled or did you have to add sensors?

If you have a green Fakra connector on the back of your comand, get the video enabled while it is in. You never know when you may want ot add a camera or in my case a phone with video output.

Thought i would post this as might be useful for some to read.....I bought an APS Comand unit off ebay for £450 from a Lithuanian seller navi55 or similar.... Unit turned up yesterday so using some instructions from mercupgrades.com i fitted it last night. It took about 1 hour - 1 hour and half and all powered up very easily with only GPS antenna to be installed which i fitted behind the top centre vents just below the top of the dash. The unit powered up fine and everything works straight out of the box without the need of any coding at all, even the phone kit paired with my phone without any hassle on its own just as if i had not installed anything new.....:thumb::thumb::thumb: Best thing ive bought and the easiest to fit!!!

Thanks for speaking up for the Lithuanians :)

It really is about time people stopped being suspicious of Lithuanians . I have met several, courtesy of the local Council, and have to say they are an intelligent ,sophisticated, handsome, beautiful race :thumb: Unlike UK :doh:

Drive through some of the inner cities in the UK, full of inbred thugs and you may not even come out alive :eek:
Lithuanian National Tourism Office

get.php

Vilnius - European Capital of Culture 2009 - Lithuanian National Tourism Office

Vilnius - European Capital of Culture 2009

Last edited:

Last edited:
Am in contact with him at present and hoping to purchase for my W203 so many thanks to all for positive advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom