BIG 'UP' TO COMMAND ONLINE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stoker

Car
E 350 CDI Sport /E 250 CDI Sport Convertible/ Nissan XTrail Tekna/W220 S500 Gone/ E220 CDI gone
Hi all
I have owned a Mercedes E350 CDI Sport for over four years that my wife drives and loves
I have an ipod attached via the media outlet in the glove compartment

I have always wanted to play music through command on my phone but had no idea how to connect it

As per usual Mercedes were not much help with their advice

Having searched this site I felt I needed a particular item that retails around £70 from Command Online, so I got in touch to make an enquiry.

Mark got in touch really quickly assuring me I only needed to use the Apple lightning cable to 30 pin converter, thereby saving me £70 and meaning they missed out on a sale

What a pleasure when a company replies so promptly with genuine interest and honest information

I cannot praise them highly enough
To Mod, I hope I haven't posted this in the wrong place, but I felt that recognition was highly deserved

Stoker

Hi all
I have owned a Mercedes E350 CDI Sport for over four years that my wife drives and loves
I have an ipod attached via the media outlet in the glove compartment

I have always wanted to play music through command on my phone but had no idea how to connect it

As per usual Mercedes were not much help with their advice

Having searched this site I felt I needed a particular item that retails around £70 from Command Online, so I got in touch to make an enquiry.

Mark got in touch really quickly assuring me I only needed to use the Apple lightning cable to 30 pin converter, thereby saving me £70 and meaning they missed out on a sale

What a pleasure when a company replies so promptly with genuine interest and honest information

I cannot praise them highly enough
To Mod, I hope I haven't posted this in the wrong place, but I felt that recognition was highly deserved

Stoker
Can you not just stream your music via BT audio?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Can you not just stream your music via BT audio?

Bluetooth suppprts audio streaming, but you still need to manage the tracks from the phone, which is not an issue if you only ever play pre-prepared playlists or use the shuffle function while driving.

This arrangement works perfectly for me, incidentally, because my kids can connect their iPhones over Bluetooth and play music while I drive.

But it's not ideal if you are alone in the car because, you don't want to hold/use the phone while driving.

An iPod interface or Universal Media Interface (UMI) will allow you to connect the phone by wire then lock it away in the glove box, and manage the tracks from the COMAND console just as you would with tracks from an audio CD or tracks stored on the internal Music Register (or on a USB Flash drive or SD-Card etc).

The other option is obviously Apple CarPlay or Android Auto (available on some MB models), both will allow you to manage the music tracks from the COMAND console, but these again require the phone to be connected by wire, and not via Bluetooth.

And the last option is to use the Spotify app, if you have a Spotify account and your COMAND system supports it.

I can manage the tracks using BT audio via COMAND using the buttons on the head unit.

I can manage the tracks using BT audio via COMAND using the buttons on the head unit.
Interesting - that's not possible on my NTG4.7 - presumably yours is NTG5*X?

Interesting - that's not possible on my NTG4.7 - presumably yours is NTG5*X?
Tbh I’ve no idea!

I use amazon music and iTunes and they can both be controlled via the head unit.

Yeah me to I can use skip button on head unit or the wheel in centre console to skip tracks how do you find out what version of the unit you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom