Big wet butts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonsMerc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Merc S212 E350 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport 256bhp, Suzuki GSX-650F, Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Dynamic
Not so long ago I remember reading someone on here looking for underground water butts. Here is a great deal from B&Q:

Rainwater Saving Argonaut 1100 Litre Underground Tank Green, 5060147310009

Pretty significant reduction in price (£1498.00 -> £849.00 -> £50)! Complete with diverter, pump and filter. Hope it's useful to someone :)

-simon

I can't imagine what you were typing into google to come across that one!!

So, I ordered one, now to wait for the 4 week delivery, I bet the price changes soon!!

Now where's me spade?

That is a good bargain. I don't need one at the moment but the price is tempting.

I ordered two and got an 'order confirmation' e-mail.
The website now says out of stock.
I doubt they'll honour the orders at that price.

If those orders fail it is still possible get standard above ground 1000L water butts for £60 inc P&P.......typically they are 'seconds' and not suitable for storing drinking water, but if it's for irrigation then it's no issue.

I think you're talking about IBC tanks?
The B&Q ones look much better than those. I like the idea that I can hide it underground and pump the water to a tap. We'll see if they turn up.:dk:

Last edited:
Very tempted by this, but a big job unless one has a mini digger & also the manufacturer website says it has to be surrounded in concrete!

B&Q also has more modest deals on 330L above ground tanks; also £50(were £168)

I ordered two and got an 'order confirmation' e-mail.
The website now says out of stock.
I doubt they'll honour the orders at that price.

That's TESCO specialty, they advertise TV's at less than cost price...you order one, it's "out of Stock"...but they have a better model available for much more money....

When the ones you wanted do arrive they are no longer on "Special offer".

Not illegal but certainly immoral.

Ok, no butts:

We regret to inform you that we are unable to accept the order you have placed for 1 argonaut water butt.
This is due to a system error on our website which caused us to continue taking orders for the product after our stocks had been exhausted. This model is now discontinued and we will not be stocking in the future.

But but but, there was a confirmation email stating it was in stock!!

B&Q

We regret to inform...

Just got the same letter. If it was some sort of publicity stunt it will backfire because it just leaves me feeling peed off with B&Q.

It seems B&Q might regret the offer since it's not the first time a publicity stunt has gone wrong for them. The letter states that they are out of stock, not that there was a price mis-print. This could get interesting. :D
B&Q in court over dishwasher stunt.

"Tom Beckett... found the deal I’d been waiting for: “Zanussi Integrated Dishwasher - £94 delivered”... In fact, there were a lot of lucky buyers and some doubt was emerging ... as to whether this was too good to be true, and it was.
...the dishwashers were out of stock ... I submitted my claim at the small claims court, claiming the difference between the £89 I had paid (and had refunded) and the £350 it would cost to buy the machine elsewhere... The Judge then invited me to recall why I was claiming and during my monologue, I covered the Sale of Goods Act and how I believed a contract had been formed between the defendant and I...

As we sat in our seats listening to the judge summing up, her final words brought joy – I find in favour of Mr Beckett. At last, a victory for the consumer but a PR gamble gone wrong for B&Q."

So if this is true, in theory we could all approach B&Q and claim the difference between the full price and the purchase price?

The letter I got states that the money has been credited back to my account but I cannot see it!!
Maybe they are just earning a bit of interest from it!!

I ordered one. When I get my letter I'll be asking what I'm supposed to do with the hole I've just dug in my lawn ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom