Bigger pulleys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys does anyone knows what the bigger pulley gives to a car? Thanks

Don't understand the question. Which pulley, where, bigger in thickness or diameter, are you driving a DAF, or perhaps a Bedelia or some other belt driven car?

I'm guessing supercharger pulley on an E55K AMG?

If Supercharger pulley, then this is one way of increasing the Supercharger boost i.e. by making it spin faster.

More air intake allows more fuel intake which equals more fuel burnt and more power.

There are other factors at work (and cars fitted with higher boost from the factory will also have lower compression ratio) but that's what the larger pulley does in a nutshell.

I'm guessing supercharger pulley on an E55K AMG?

Or any Kompressor car for that matter...

Or any Kompressor car for that matter...

I'm going by the profile pic... i.e. he had a W211 before so might be going for a faster one. :D

markjay said:
If Supercharger pulley, then this is one way of increasing the Supercharger boost i.e. by making it spin faster.

More air intake allows more fuel intake which equals more fuel burnt and more power.

There are other factors at work (and cars fitted with higher boost from the factory will also have lower compression ratio) but that's what the larger pulley does in a nutshell.

I got it now
thank u very much and to the other guys who tried but couldnt explain it too

JohnEBoy said:
I'm going by the profile pic... i.e. he had a W211 before so might be going for a faster one. :D

U right mate going for w210 e55

U right mate going for w210 e55

W210 doesn't have a supercharger though - you need a W211 for that...

JohnEBoy said:
W210 doesn't have a supercharger though - you need a W211 for that...

Does the c32 amg have the charger?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom