Bigger wheels problem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swift1092

Car
E55 amg
Can anybody help me, i have an e55 amg (03) with standard 18x9 wheels thinking of upgrading to a 19x9.5 will this affect my active suspension or give me any fault issues?

The size of the wheel should not be an issue. It would be the tyre size that you need to alter to keep the diameter the same as stock.

If you have standard AMG IV 5 twin spoke wheels, they are staggered 18's 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears with a front ET 31 and Rear ET39. That's what mine are anyway.

You can go up to 20" if necessary but its important to get the right profile tyres to avoid speed sensor problems. The suspension is unaffected by bigger wheels.

The correct fitment for 19" wheels is as follows

Fronts 19 x 8.5 ET 30 - 34. Tyre size 245x35x19
Rears 19 x 9.5 ET 31 Tyre size 275x30x19

The ET's above are for genuine AMG wheels

Scroll down on the chart below to W211 E class wheels to confirm.

Mercedes-Benz Fitting Chart and Wheel Fitment Guide | Alloy Wheels Direct

Yes i have the standard wheels on the car but only have 265/35/18 tyres on them i like the standard wheels and thought they were 9" wide suffering with grip issues currently using pzeros but esp is constantly flashing and robbing power
I have an ongoing trackday feud goin on with a friend in he bmw m5 v10 who i currently have the edge on.
Also is it true mercedes only put open differentials in these?
Thanks in advance

Yes i have the standard wheels on the car but only have 265/35/18 tyres on them i like the standard wheels and thought they were 9" wide suffering with grip issues currently using pzeros but esp is constantly flashing and robbing power
I have an ongoing trackday feud goin on with a friend in he bmw m5 v10 who i currently have the edge on.
Also is it true mercedes only put open differentials in these?
Thanks in advance

265 is the standard size rear tyre for the E55. P Zeros are not the best for grip IMHO and I'd look at Michelin Pilot SS or Goodyear F1 Assymetric next time.

Sounds like you need the Quaife diff fitted. Call Acid at MSL and see if he has an offer on for one or if he could do you a deal.
07765 444447

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom